Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Beware, fishing for Paypal and Amazon

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I would have done a bit more investigating into where the notification can't from. If it was an email notification then no worries. If an app or program is sending that you have a virus/malware/adware on your computer.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Received two notifications one from someone purporting to be Paypal and one from Amazon notifying me that my accounts were locked and that I need to login from included link to reset.... most of you know this is a scam but in case some of you do not...Do not click on the included link.... both of these legitimate sites will send you an email and ask you to log in on your own if there is a problem....

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks all, I am good... just wanted to pass along some info

• Like Like x 2
  4. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +247 / 138
    You might know this. At the top right of your notifications window are the words "Manage Notifications" . Click on those words. In the Notifications and actions window that comes up, turn off "Get notifications from apps and other senders".

• Informative Informative x 2