Dumaguete Info Search

How to Best Posts in Thread: SSD ordered on Amzon - Customs requires OMB Permit/Clearance prior releasing.

1. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Fulltime Gago, part time manager
    Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    Got my refund, not problem. The SSD sits somewhere in customs mnl from where i get a 'barcode was scanned' notice everyday from the tracking site.
    Amazon customer chat told me it was lost. Well whatever, not my problem anymore. I send UPS one waiver letter to ask to bypass this BS but no answer yet.

Yes, ther is a reason why i did not order locally. I wanted a 2tb specific crucial ssd i could not find locally so ordered on amazon.
    Now i ordered a Kingston on shopee. Much cheaper but not the one i actually wanted. I just have very good experience with Crucial MX series, very fast and reliable.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm not sure if this the reason but they do produce and export quite a bit of electronics.

Screenshot_20210731-164451.png

I believe I have read they provide China with a lot of their circuit boards.

They also produce HHD and SSD storage cards with Toshiba: https://asia.nikkei.com/Editor-s-Pi...n-out-world-leading-hard-drive-in-Philippines

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +419 / 198
    My thoughts exactly. I've just ordered 2 x Toshiba Canvio 2TB External SSD from Lazada - 3 year guarantee, original and same price as UK. Delivered in a week and no hassle

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1