Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Stroke Update 8 Yrs

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    This week bas been 8 yrs since my stroke. Sadly, a friend here, Mo Liddy, passed away from a stroke a couple days ago, so I am blessed, in spite of my disabilities, to enjoy an 11 yr old marriage to my wife and best friend and a son who turns ten Tuesday.
    And a big shout out to brother-in-law who has been my helper, driver, and friend all 8 years.
    So once again, I offer experienced advice to get physical check ups, take your meds, avoid stress, and exercise. Stay safe.

• Like Like x 13
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Determined man with great pride in his family - perfect in the situation he unfortunately found himself in. I doubt I could cope so well. Massive admiration.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,150 / 230
    8 years now, Wow well done Pat, your positivity and determination is an example to us all.
    Long may you continue to enjoy having your Family around you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Mother had a stroke when she was 46 years of age and had partial loss to one side of her face and arm that lasted about a year and a half. She went on to recover and lead a normal life till the age of 82. Stroke is serious but generally not an end all. All the best hopes out to yah PatO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I'm glad you survived and are able to help others with your experienced advice. Sounds like a great family!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1