Best Posts in Thread: Delta Variant Treatment In Negros Oriental

1. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Getting back on topic, if by some reason you or someone you know tests positive but is not symptomatic, triggers persistent contact tracing to measure the extent others have been exposed to you and under the color of law advises them to self quarantine for 14 days.

If the contact tracer finds you or your friend can't be separated within your home or compound to quarantine, you are taken to a guarded holding facility. This facility is a madhouse triage in the best cases on hospital grounds. Water food and medicine for your other conditions have to be provided by your runners which will later become symptomatic due to continuous exposure to this environment. The Delta timeline is short measured in hours between exposure to symptoms appearing.

If you have means, you can request to be moved to an approved hotel one of which is the C and L Hotel which has a guarded floor for Covid quarantine. The rooms are small and no windows. No doctor and no medicine. Your contract tracer is only available during City business hours. You are there to scream and cry from the Covid pain and isolation without family or loved ones.

We have a family acquaintance going through this now.
    shakey

• Informative Informative x 6
  2. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Silliman University Medical Center (SUMC) has prepared to treat the Delta Variant here in Dumaguete according to their Facebook Post.

shakey

• Informative Informative x 5
  3. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    You can trust that "everybody else" is a very limited group. This group is limited to those who have the money and ability to arrange for a test and can figure out the S-PASS online registration process for getting permission to return. It is a very small group of people with means.

You might be able to save some money by getting a rapid antigen test instead of the RT-PCR test. CALL YOUR LGU at the number posted on the link below TO CONFIRM.

• Informative Informative x 4
  4. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Have you been vaccinated? If so the odds of covid being a significant issue are very small. Even if you have a breakthrough infection the odds of being hospitalized is almost nil.

Traveling back and forth is a non issue. Your test is good for 72 hours so you can get it here before you leave, go to Cebu and come back without getting another test in Cebu.

Call them. I believe vaccinated people are able to use the lower cost rapid antigen test. Please confirm with them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Erm, no.
    Antibiotics work for pneumonia caused by bacteria.
    Antibiotics do nothing against a virus.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    I won't be going to any bars but i will have to go to the BI.
    I know i will be acting responsibly but what about everybody else ?

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    Due to the wisdom of the BI who have decreed that the part of the process of getting a 13A visa which means a trip to Cebu BI to give fingerprints and photo cannot be waived until it is safe to go to Cebu and by safe i mean that tests are not required to go or come back then i am going to have to go to Cebu before the end of the year.
    This situation has been discussed with them and it's stonewall time, the fact that the NBI already has my prints and photo means not a jot and neither does the fact that in me going to Cebu i will be exposed to more of a risk of contacting Covid than i would be if i just stayed here and they got the NBI to email them my prints and photo.
    Yes i know this is a third world country and i can go back where i came from if not happy but i am just trying to highlight the fact that if the government here really want to stop the spread of Covid then they need to all be on the same page :bag:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Imagine being dumped in a care facility by your family and then being confined to your room and denied what little human contact you have left. What a life. There is a balance these facilities need to find. These are not meant to be prisons or solitary confinement cells and many of the residents still have agency and basic human rights.

If you are in one of these facilities you have very limited time left and many illnesses a healthy person could easily fight off could be a death sentence. Where do you draw the line between quality of life/mental health and stopping the spread of disease in advance age? I don't really have an answer and I suspect people in that situation may have a different outlook, if they are even capable of having rational thoughts due to dementia or other diseases that cause a decline in mental abilities. However, I will say now that if I get to the point to where I can't remember my loved ones names (or even my own), can't speak, feed myself, can't get out of bed and I am causing pain and suffering to the people I once cared about I would rather go out as quickly as possible. I would be quite upset with my family if they prolonged my suffering.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    Just a guess but I think this is called advertising.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    With all due respect, but that sounds a little condescending.
    It is the 21 st century, and society in many countries has moved to single family homes, in many instances totally unfit for taking care of an elderly family member. Moreover, families often get scattered around a country or even the planet over the course of their lives because of economical pressures, or new relationships, so caring for an elderly family member in their own home is often not feasible either.
    The time of grandparents living with their kids and grandkids in much of the developed world is behind us, much as we may regret that.

In many cases, professional care is readily available (or gets organized by family) to ascertain old people can continue to stay in their home as long as possible. At some point however, it might no longer be possible to keep living at home, the care needed might progress to 24/7, and (unless you're filthy rich *) that is only feasible in a care facility, not in your own home.
    * (or live as an expat in the Philippines and can afford to hire nurses)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1