Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Water Tower

1. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    In my experience (2 years now), for the average household that depends on city water rather than pumping it up themselves, a simple setup with storage tank, waterpump and pressure tank works quite well to beat the sadly very underwhelming water pressure from Metro (formerly Dumaguete water district).
    If you pick a storage tank that holds two to three days of water use (say 750 liters), a trustworthy pump (Pedrollo is a good Italian brand), and a fair sized pressure tank (say 150 liters, to limit the number of times to pump needs to run), and a good installer, then you end up with something like below and no more worries about water pressure. Obviously, you do need to spend some money, I would guess around 50,000 peso now.
    upload_2021-9-15_17-16-51.png

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Ok Sir, Thank You, I now understand your necessity to have one, you did explain your need for this very well.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +419 / 198
    For the majority of those people with them, a water tank on a tower is a necessity - particularly for those not connected to an overrated, and often dirty, municipal supply. The tank may be ugly but it guarantees a finite supply when the power is off - without the tank they'd have no water.

As an added bonus - my tower also provides a safe and habitable environs for a nesting pair of Oriental Magpie Robins and some Asian House Martins. It may be "ugly" but it serves a purpose and definitely has its benefits - a bit like some JIFs. :smuggrin:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Kilam63

Kilam63 DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Retired
    Ratings:
    +135 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I also have the same setup which works great except during brownouts where I see the tower having the advantage.

If you have adequete pressure from your source you can configure a tank bypass or utilize a generator to power the pump.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1