Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Parking Rules

1. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    The actual traffic law says that even if it is posted "No Parking" you are allowed to temporarily stop for the purpose of picking up or dropping off a passenger or goods from a business. You are supposed to put on your blinkers and are allowed up to 15 minutes. Twice I've received tickets for that and I went into the office and explained that I wasn't "parked" I was just "temporarily stopped" to make a pick up, I brought a printout of the regulation with me to show them, and they voided the ticket.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    WHAT ! and then walk all the way back, its not going to happen, its more fun in the Philippines.
    On a serious note i often say to my wife that karma would be if one of the people who block/clog roads/entrances with with their stupid/lazy/ignorant driving attitude were in an ambulance and their last pint of blood were dripping out and they could not get to the hospital in time or if their house was on fire and the emergency services could not get to it on time because of somebody with the same attitude as them.:devilish:
    Now that's a rant.

• Like Like x 4
  3. EandN

EandN DI Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 17
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Jim, Can you come back and let us know your outcome please?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Parking tickets are generally not considered moving violations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1