Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: The rising cost of dining...

1. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +419 / 198
    Went to Arbour last night. 4 adults, 3 courses each - 2 bottles red wine, 2 Bombay Sapphire G & Ts, 1 coffee, 1 fruit juice, 1 green tea. Good service & excellent food at a reasonable price. P5.6k the evening

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Just spent 5 days in Siquijor at a nice resort (White Villa's, recommended), so we ate out every day we were there.
    Spent around 35k on the resort (3 rooms, 6 adults) and a similar amount for all the meals, breakfast (at the resort), lunch/dinner at 3 different places. Works out at around 7.5k for breakfast (or 250 p.p) and 27.5k for the other meals (or 450 p.p) including drinks and the occasional dessert.

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It wasn't much better in Cebu. Ordered sashimi, salmon sushi and miso soup at a highly rated Japanese restaurant. I got 4 small slices of salmon (maybe 50 grams) for P350, the gf got two pieces of sushi for P300 and two tiny bowls of soup for P200 each. Couldn't have ordered more of I wanted to as the server completely abandoned us after dropping the food off at the table. Had to get up twice to find someone to get the bill.

Almost every restaurant we ate at there was severely lacking in the quantity and quality and extremely overpriced. Fast food was the only places in Cebu that serve a reasonable quantity of food for under P500 per person.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Recently had a similar experience with the Hungarian Goulash at ynot. Same price, amount of meat halved. I’ve been eating that many times before, I surely felt betrayed by the new portion size.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    price/performance ratio for eating out here is much worse than Thailand in my experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1