Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Insurance - Travel / health

1. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    He was lucky then. Even combined with PhilHealth I can't remember a single occasion when I really did not have to add any money to what both insurances combined were willing to pay.
    One doctor at Siliman that treated my son couple years back outright refused to take *any* money from Pacific Cross and required separate payment of their ridiculous daily rate that was based on the room price. I'd have understood if they would've taken whatever daily rate the insurance was willing to pay and invoiced me for the excess (as is common practice with PhilHealth), but no way. Left me with the hassle to go after the insurance for getting at least part of the doctor's bill back. No issues with any cost from the hospital itself, but you must either carefully select the doctors treating you (best to call the Pacific Cross office to help with that), or still be prepared to pay at least part of the bill.

Also, their Peso based plans do only barely cover international travel, for real international coverage they have more expensive USD plans.

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,092 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Just the other week I was talking with German Ralf a well known Character around here, he was telling me he uses healthcare insurance from Pacific Cross this costs him P35K a year and gives him cover of up to P750K in medical expenses, he also showed me his Swipe card he said the last time he had to use this the bill was around his annual fee but he did not have to fork out any money the card covered it all.

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    My wife is dual and showed both passports on entry to Philippines. No insurance required. She usually goes through passport control both ways at the Phils end with her Phils passport. When booking the flight can use either for ID, as this and passport control are not connected.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My first Filipino wife and children have dual nationality Australian and Filipino citizens.
    When ever we returned to the Philippines they used their Filipino passports. It just made entry smoother and no need for an on flight or return ticket.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,367 / 1,258
    The other day there was a Canadian from Alberta who persuaded the PAL crew to let him board the plane based on his provincial health insurance. I don't know how things worked out once he got to Manila.
    Maybe I missed some posts. Covid insurance is required to enter the Philippines but is it required to renew a tourist visa? Maybe the BI hasn't considered that.
    A One Health Pass caught me by surprise at the Toronto airport. Fortunately one of the air Canada counter people helped me get registered. The One Health Pass is a bit of a joke. You can enter any data for vaccination and get the big green checkmark and a QR code.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,092 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Pacific Cross does have a policy for seniors from 66yrs upwards.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1