Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicles & Servicing Best Posts in Thread: Vehicle Body Repair Shop

1. Smally

Smally DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 25
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Very vindictive person who ever they are. They should confront the person who parked the car and not key the car.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Ozzyguy

Ozzyguy DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +364 / 182
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Went to this body repair shop a few weeks ago in Manila. A reasonable workshop as far as privately owned workshops in the Philippines go. Still not the standard in Australia. Was surprised how clean it was just lacked the equipment. Quality of work was good.
    They currently repair 60 cars a week but have been up to 100.

Was doing some consulting for a Australian company looking for a place to do trades testing for overseas workers to bring to Australia.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hyundai was kind enough to send me a picture of there service fees posted on their wall. I've also included a receipt to show the additional charges not listed on the poster.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not if you have a warrant with Hyundai. They have a chart in their service center they say must be followed or they will void your warranty.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If Hyundai (new dealership) is charging me 3k for an oil change I can't imagine what they would charge for body work if they had the ability to do so. I'd guess upwards of 30k. That would be a great deal in the West, but I'm in the Philippines.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My concern with many of the shops/businesses (not just paint shops) here is if I see weeds growing, old broken down rusted junk cars/parts sitting around, rusty buildings, flimsy plywood doors/bedsheets for main entrances, a business sign provided by Tanduay, or other such nonsense I'm going to assume that they are quite experienced and cutting corners and care very little about the fine details. And if they don't care about their own property I have very little confidence they are going to care about mine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I bet you aren't going to be impressed. B'man seems to have the most "modern"and well maintained equipment of all the shops I visited. Looked like a fairly respectable shop in Small Town, USA. The rest, even though they may do a good job, have shops that look like they haven't updated in 20-50 years, and a few of them could be confused for a junk yard.

*Note: Years ago I had my Fireblade repainted (twice) at a paint shop similar to these less modern shops and they did a pretty good job both times. The shop had since closed but his family runs another one in the area (that I didn't visit). It would probably be my second choice if I were just going by the state of their equipment.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ozzyguy

Ozzyguy DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +364 / 182
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Most Ceramic coat clears are on Mercedes and some Audi. A few other brands but mainly these. Its a great product but you really need to be a skilled painter and have good equipment.

From a spray painters point cerami clear is a pain in the @ss. You have a window of a few hrs after bake cycle to polish out any imperfections. I'm guessing in Duma the standard of the spray booth is not too good and imperfections in the paint (dust) would be common hence giving a poor finish.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    That is just really unnecessary ... in the land of bad parking yet... must have been a foreigner most likely an American. Sorry Rye, hope you get it fixed to your liking and hope that guy's A$$ grows together

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    FB_IMG_1650451395936.jpg

B'man was the only body shop I saw that had one of these. Not saying the others didn't, just that it wasn't out in the open for customers to see. This is why I'm leaning towards this place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1