Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Mid size scooters

1. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    whatever you buy just make sure you can maintain the warranty here unless you enjoy the trip to Cebu

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I looked at both of those bikes two years ago. I ended up going with an Aerox 155. (NMAX would have been my choice between the two you mentioned but it was out of stock at the time.) The Aerox has roughly the same storage under the seat as the NMAX, the same engine and I think it looked better without those horrible gold painted rims the NMAX had at the time.

The one 155cc has plenty of power to pull the SO and myself (~120kg together) up the hill to Valencia. Hits 80kph going up the hill without issue. I've had it up to 115kph on the national highway but that was pretty d*mn scary. It is definitely not designed to sustain speeds over 80. I wouldn't drive the Aerox, and likely the NMAX, long distance. They just aren't all that comfortable.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ozzyguy

Ozzyguy DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +364 / 182
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    What scoot have you got.

I recently rented both the Nmax and Honda ADV to see the difference. I own a Nmax in Cebu and was thinking of changing to a ADV. I haven't ridden my Nmax for two years so needed a refresh on a rental.

This was my findings.

A massive difference on handling. The Nmax is so much better on corners up in the mountains and very playful even with two up. I think it would be because of the lower centre of gravity on the max.

Power was about the same

Nmax
    Lower and easier for a bride with short legs to get on and off.
    Handles way better in corners.
    More storage under the seat.
    You sort of sit low and slouch, gives you a saw back after awhile.

Honda ADV
    I felt I was fighting with it to get it around corners.
    Smoother more comfy ride as you sort of site upright like a dirt bike and has longer travel suspension.
    Harder for girls with short legs to get on and off.
    Fuel economy was amazing.
    Brakes better than the max. (Both ABS)
    The step through is high so you need to lift your leg to get out.

Out of the two I think the Nmax would be a better bike for better condition roads, the ADV for areas with bad roads like in PI. The ADV would be better for a taller rider too.

I may change my rear shock on my Nmax when I get to Pi see if it rides better.

I would be interested in the ADV 350cc too.

278792296_762534641397131_4598607542532588774_n.jpg
    278052639_524481402519160_4271562946500815427_n.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. Ozzyguy

Ozzyguy DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +364 / 182
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    In Jan 2020 I did a full lap around Negros with the wife on the Nmax wasn't too bad but we took a few days. We are about 140kg combined. I think they are fine up to about 300km a day with a few stops.

I often rent a Xmax over here when doing a over night trip.

A man needs more than one bike........ :smile:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1