Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: We are on the way - some advice needed.

1. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    The current info out there is confusing (no change there then);

This from the US Embassy website, which effectively states what I recently found on entry last month: One Heath Pass registration, negative test result 24/48 hours before departure (antigen/RT-PCR), proof of vaccination. Does not mention the USD35k insurance cover.
    https://ph.usembassy.gov/covid-19-and-travel-information/

This from PH Presidential Communications Office, which does mention the insurance cover, but does not seem to exempt foreign spouses on 13A visa (only the requirement for return ticket). Does not mention One Health Pass requirement.
    https://pcoo.gov.ph/news_releases/p...lly-vaxxed-foreign-tourists-starting-april-1/

This the amended Order from PH Presidential Office, NIATF, which also does not mention One Health Pass, does mention USD35k insurance (f), but again does not seem to exempt foreign spouses, only from the return ticket requirement (e).
    https://pcoo.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/20220324-AMENDED-IATF-RESO-165-RRD-1.pdf

This from Philippine Airlines website, very recent. Also does not mention One Health Pass and USD35k insurance depending on visa type.
    https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/arrivingintheph

The One Health Pass website still seems to be live, so I suspect still valid for entry:
    https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph/

I suspect that all is as I found:
    One Health Pass registration required
    Proof of vaccination required
    Negative Covid result required (interestingly, one of the websites I linked mentions that remote self-testing is not acceptable, but that's what I did. If you have a certificate of result in your hand, how they would know exactly how it was obtained, I'm not sure).

Good Luck!!

Good Luck!

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ozzyguy

Ozzyguy DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +364 / 182
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Arrived..............

Staying in Cebu a few days then will head to Duma in the coming week.

The dive from Cebu airport down south was interesting, no traffic this time but the roads are really bad condition and lots of road works.

Passport control was in Manila and a breeze, entered on the Balikbayan visa and they didn't even ask for the marriage certificate.

The price of a van down south has increased since last time, 2019 we paid 3k now they want 5k. I had read this online so expected the increase.

Long day with 3 flights. Chiang mai - Bangkok - Manila - Cebu.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    1. Bring proof of marriage (to qualify for the balikbayan year)
    2. Just in case you end up having to enter as a tourist (the 29 days thing): Don't actually book a return ticket, just get a "ticket reservation", done in minutes, and good enough to enter with. Cost is around 10US$ or so.
    Example website: https://onwardticket.com
    But there are more that offer similar

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    This was published on the BoI website in early April and is the latest I have seen.
    https://immigration.gov.ph/images/Advisory/2022/04_Apr/2022Apr02_adv.pdf

My wife just arrived there from the US on a 3 connection trip. He Vax card and onehealthpass were checked before leaving the USA. She had the RAT test and the airline seemed unaware of this being acceptable as they were expecting a PCR test. Once verified no problems. She is a dual citizen so no travel insurance was required in immigration.

Domestically you will see references to S-pass and Traze. My wife checked in at the Cebu Pacific self checkin at Manila and no documents were checked.

When you fill out the one pass health, you will get a bar code, but all the information leads you to expect a QR code. A little confusing.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    There are plenty rentals around in Dumaguete as well as Valencia.
    You may wish to look at the Facebook Marketplace to get an initial impression of places you might like and make a selection of rentals you want to go have a look at. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/category/propertyrentals (just set location to Dumaguete and range to 10 km).
    Mind you, if the kids are high school age or older, I would suggest that Valencia is only a reasonable option if you would buy a car (because they'll end up going to school in Dumaguete).

6. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    If you don't want a swanky hotel in Makati, just somewhere close that is reasonable and will not break the bank, I recommend the Nichols Airport Hotel. They offer free airport transfer service if you book direct with them (just Google the hotel). They will respond to emails. The location is not great, but only 15 mins drive from the airport (depending which terminal) and walking distance to a few fast-food joints. OK for one night stopover. They have a coffee shop on site, but breakfast was served to the room when we stayed. Lots of luggage and the three of us fitted into their mini-van, no problems.

7. JWBobbit

JWBobbit DI Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 0
    Also take note if you are flying with Cebu Pacific. I know recently of two people, my wife and an expat friend who arrived at the airport for Manila to Dumaguete flights two hours prior and were not aloud to board due to luggage drop cut offs. Both were pre checked in online. From their stories it seems they were cutting off dozens of people and pushing them on to later or next day flights. The only logic, and I would not put it past an airline to do this, would be they might be spreading weight on full flights to emptier flights for fuel costs.

As Senjenbing states above that hotel in Quezon could be 2+ hours on EDSA so probably not a good choice for airport buffer time.

8. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    I have a home & have no problems renting out and can be extremely flexible on price and arrangement. For a forum Member I would drop to 18,000 per month from 22,000. No lock in, no hassle and total security. Thing is that it's in Tanjay. Good news is, all imaginable is walking distance.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Re. van at Dgte a/p. There's a company there at the a/p, contact Lito. 0927-753-2489. I used it several years ago, and today exchanged messages, he is still in business. From the terminal, across the parking lot and to the left. Advise advance reservation.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    • Agree Agree x 1