Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Who's side are you on?

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I served with the Ukrainian military in Afghanistan. They didn't have a problem helping our (all of the NATO partners) missions in Afghanistan, it is shameful that we aren't fighting with them to protect their Homeland.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    In fact, the human race has been a total disaster for this planet. Some experts say there cannot be any other intelligent life form in the Universe - I question the use of the word 'other' and I hope that if any exist and they can get here soon then go ahead, you cannot be worse than what exists now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I am concerned with China's position on Taiwan, while Russia is playing bully.
    Somewhat similarly, in WW2 we had Germany in the east and Japan in the west to fight. I agree nuclear weapons would be used, perhaps in the beginning not the end, if war breaks out. What a disaster that would be.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    If your question is aimed directly towards me, here's my reply;
    I see you have been around this forum since 2007 although I have not seen any of your posting till now, had you read any of my postings you would know my beliefs and opinions are not in favour of war/conflict.
    But I have always stood for justice and peace. Being a small guy I have had to stand up to bullies all my life.
    I thank God that my sevices have never been required in my country, however had the UK been invaded during my lifetime I would of done what was required of me.
    I dont think the Ukrainian Goverment are looking for 76 yr old volunteers, how about you?

• Like Like x 3
  5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Ukraine built a dam cutting of water supply to Crimea.
    Russian troops destroy Ukrainian dam that blocked water to ...

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    Sorry for the above posting was not intended to come out like that, my apologies to PatO being mis-quoted in part by my own input.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 31, 2022
  7. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I don't believe China will at all. They're likely emboldened by this Russian invasion, if anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not by "treaty". It was a "memorandum" with "assurances" (not "promises" or "obligations") that requested signatories to "refrain" (not "abstain") from aggressive acts against Ukraine (and other countries), either through military or economic force. No party was legally obligated to help Ukraine with military assistance in case of invasion. The wording in the memorandum was, likely intentionally, kept soft/weak and non-binding. It does not offer the same protection as a true defense treaty. Legally, the US has no obligation to help Ukraine, morally on the other hand I feel they do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Problem is, of course, that everyone backed off as soon as Putin threatened to get his D*ck out and nuke us.

Nobody wants that but the alternative has been to see a free country wrecked and many innocent lives lost whilst the madman who started it sits in luxury with his various wives/gfs (what is it about his power and money they ever saw in him?) - AND the New World Order now is to threaten to use nukes and you can r*pe and pillage to your heart's content.

So how does that pan out for the next 5 years, 10 years, 50 years? Can rogue states keep threatening the Free World or do we say a red line has been passed and we refuse to be bullied.

I am all for taking out Sebastopol and the new Crimea/Russia bridge as a starter. Seem drastic but if not now then when?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    P*ss on everyone's grain and oil. Ukraine should fight the Russians until they have expelled them from their country (or until they come to an agreement with Russia). Ukraine shouldn't give a sh*t about supply shortage outside of their borders when their cities and civilians are being destroyed by a foreign invader. They West has a no-strings-attached obligation to help Ukraine fight against the little man who thinks the USSR, and any agreements (especially verbal ones) made with that pathetic failed state, still exists.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1