Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Plastic driver's license card

1. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I received my plastic at the Bais LTO last week, you might check there first as it is much closer

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Just a thought... you could go to Bais to request a change to your license to add motorcycle and then they would have to issue a replacement license....

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. EandN

EandN DI Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 17
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    My original license from the LTO Dumaguete about 4 1/2 years ago was on plastic. It was due to expire at the end of July this year but as they had no plastic licences available anywhere on Negros Oriental at that time I just took the night ferry to Cebu City, arrived about 7am and went straight to the LTO at SM Seaside. Two hours later I had my renewed 10 year license on plastic. Perhaps not a trip everybody would take but as I had other business there to attend to it made it worthwhile for me. I have to say that the service there was well organised and very efficient unlike the usual mayhem at Duma LTO.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. EandN

EandN DI Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 17
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I done mine a few weeks ago. 10 year license on plastic. Took about 2 hours in total, no fuss, very efficient.
    Location? LTO at SM Seaside, Cebu City.

• Informative Informative x 4
  5. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Fair enough. But the big question is whether this plastic ID card is finally available in Dumaguete. As already mentioned, I completed all the paperwork in spring 2022. The last time I was at LTO was in September. Still nothing. I'm currently overseas again and will be back in January 2023. If it doesn't work out again, I'll definitely go to Cebu. Or, as suggested, to Bais. What a nightmare.

Gesendet von meinem M2101K6G mit Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Thank you very much for this usefull info. I went to LTO Dumaguete yesterday. Sept. 13. Still no plastic. grrrrr. They just told the same story again like last time. Now I'm really fed up with these guys. I will go to Cebu as well. I could imagine I have to go thru the whole process again. Never mind, I need this licence. Now and not in 2024.......

Gesendet von meinem M2101K6G mit Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  7. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +416 / 198
    Maybe these guys can help? https://aap.org.ph/services/international-driving-permit

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I went 3 days ago, the man told me to come back in September, I said to him I will come back after Christmas. I was not amused.

• Like Like x 2