Best Posts in Thread: THE PRICE OF TEA

1. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks for the feedback Mike...tea drinkers vary a lot in how strong they like their brew. Some like myself like it fairly weak so the ubiquitous yellow label tea bags sold here do the job for me...whilst many prefer their tea strong enough for an elephant to skate on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Yes I can order Tea on line and have done this before, but that particular outlet is no longer there and also with me leaving in around 6 weeks, I thought it better to buy local and know what I was getting.

We have a Filipino Restaurant here in Valencia called Estella's Kitchen it is a very nice place but with a menu more suited to the locals, now this is very cheap, but very few Foreigners eat there, Now having spent some time in Udon Thani Thailand with a Thai GF I had, eating at small cheap Thai Restos I found to be quite a pleasant experience and the food is so much better than here, For a Foreigner to get food here more suited to his/her Palate that is costly in comparison. Eating at home for the most part is the better option provided you use what is readily available here and perhaps not all that expensive unless you want to buy Tea?

• Like Like x 3
  3. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I am a Tea Drinker but it does not seem to be readily available in most Supermarkets here and if you do find it the prices are verging on criminal? Lea Plaza P184 for 25 tea bags, one speciality shop here charges p235 for 20, that deserves a life sentence.
    Back home in UK I pay well less than one peso per bag, I just checked the recent price there before writing this, now I do realise I am in the Philippines and obviously the demand for this is low, but still P11 per bag this is crazy?

No serious sensible slightly stingy Scotsman will pay these daft prices.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1