Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Hi

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Thailand local food is better. Philippines English speaking better. As for who has the best ladies, one man's passion is another man's poison. Been married to both, Philippines easy winner for me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Farcebook has different uses in diff places. I joined in the states about 2012, then deleted a year later, useless.
    When i arrived here, i found most friends/ acquaintances, both local and ex-pats, were on the (yuck) site, MANY businesses are ONLY on FB (don't want to pay for a site), so i started to sign up again, years after the 1st:
    Farcebook: "oh, Hi Edward, would you like to re-open the account you thought you deleted years ago ?" Now THAT fu**n freaked me out... Plus a friend who refuses to sign up, uses my signon to check menus, hours locations of businesses... Plus the "group" mentioned above has good info, like this site.... We're 78/68, totally signed on for the duration in Dumaguete, and enjoying it, well, more than anywhere else.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    Good morning,

providing you with all kind of relevant information shouldn't be a problem at all. Many very experienced people around. This forum is a true treasure when jt comes to information about live in Dumaguete. It really is.

It would be helpful if you could provide bit more background information of yourself. Things like you visited Philippines before already or it will be your first time, expected life style for instance you want to live in the city or country side.

You got married ?
    You got already informed by your wife and her family ?

Dumaguete will be your final destination or first base to travel around and see more nice places in the Philippines.

Let us know a bit about what you are planning and what kind if experience you got already. Then it would be easier and more efficient to help you.

Take care, good luck.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Everyone is different, different things drive each of us nuts (like the US or Aust..) Best part of your plan is to visit for 6 months (we did one month, a year in advance in 2015, been here 6 yrs now). We rented an apt (not hotel) like MarPas in Valencia and rented a car for the month, we decided not to try a motorcycle as slightly more than your age (traffic is slightly dangerous).. When we got ready to move and found an apt in duma with contacts from first visit, then found a nice spot to buy and move to in '23, a couple miles from Valencia, the nicest suburb, and a few more years of renting than originally intended. Some new condos too, esp if you are not here half the year.. Best sources are this site and also the farcebook group, "Dumaguete Expat Group (active )," if you can put up with FB.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Daryl

Daryl DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Thanks, this is exactly what I am thinking.

Thai food is better than food I have had in Philippines but my thoughts are that the food in Vietnam is the best and healthiest. I would never eat thai if I had access to Vietnamese food.

Definitely one of the reasons I became interested in Dumaguete

• Like Like x 2