Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Property for rent wanted

1. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If you have a Facebook account then go to Marketplace where most rentals are posted....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Bacolod has about everything. Many great Restaurants. Not quite as safe as Dumaguete as per this link.
    :Crime:
    https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Bacolod

:Cost of living:
    https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Bacolod

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  3. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,092 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I have lived in quite a few places in PH, but for me Valencia Negros is one of the better places and still reasonably close to DGTE, from there you can get to the Airport in 20mins, down to immigration in around the same time even if you go there in a Jeepney, you can also go to Bacong again in much the same time and on fairly good roads. Valencia has a very nice public park, with Tennis courts and playground for children, every Sunday they have the Farmers market. For around 20K a month you will get a good property there for rent, one place I do know does shorter term lets, Dolce Vida around 1.5mls outside Valencia proper, a bit higher in elevation and quite cool, it is a small gated, Sub-Division and does not allow Dogs, these and Karaoke are perhaps the worst noise polluters there, Roosters are something you do get used to in time.

Street cleaning and general road maintenance is far better than any other place I lived in there, even the Park is quite well maintained, the locals seem to be more friendly towards Foreigners than many other places I have lived in, added to that there is a very low level of crime there, for the most part I think the locals are fairly honest.

The Ex-pat community in Valencia are a cut above the rest (I was one of them Haha) mostly they are a good bunch of guys there and help each other out, all around that area Beer is priced at around P50 to 55, in DGTE and Bacong Beers are closer to P75 in Bars that are full of Foreign Reprobates, the sensible ones from these areas are drinking in Valencia.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1