Dumaguete Info Search

Other Best Posts in Thread: waste of money

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    Bayawan is a place i have been to many times but the last time we went must have been well over a year ago so when we arrived there on Saturday i was amazed to see they had installed a roundabout and at least 3 sets of traffic lights with countdown timers and also on the pedestrian crossings, even more amazing was the people seemed to be obeying the signals.
    Considering the general state of the infrastructure in Neg Or this seems to me like money that could have been better spent elsewhere.
    The traffic was quite busy on Saturday but when we left on Sunday the traffic was very light but we were stopped at all 3 sets of lights with virtually nothing coming from the side roads so it looks like there are no sensors fitted or they are not set properly to change according to the volume of traffic.
    The road from Dumaguete to Bayawan is now for most of the way a beautiful 4 lane highway but most people want to only use the middle 2 lanes and some drive slowly with a wheel on the centre divide marking (not 2 wheel vehicles)
    So unfortunately unless the authorities are going to educate or better still force people to use the road the way it was intended then its a waste of money building it, there are many signs now saying slow vehicles use the right lane but they are totally ignored. There are new speed limit signs stating 60KPH in some areas and even 80KPH in other areas, 80KPH hahahahah, i laugh because this road is well capable of being safely used at 80 but not with people hogging the middle at ridiculously low speeds.
    i know i know i know, i am flogging a dead horse and it will probably never change but it should :deadhorse:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1