Dumaguete Info Search

Electronics & Appliances Best Posts in Thread: CCTV

1. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    For our new place, we used Eric Tanamor, DataConstruction Inc.. 09177289599, dataconstruction.inc@gmail.com..
    Worked for a big company, decided he could do better on his own, he was right... Great service, tech knowledge, great follow-up...

• Informative Informative x 6
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    People have different Perceptions on Security, Me, I don't do anything that gives robbers any clue that We may have some valuables in the House, as mentioned by others our Dogs are pretty Good deterrents, especially our little "Pappy" ( Papillon) with a Loud Bark, when he yaps the Belgians go Hunting :sneaky:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,007 / 1,093
    I have 4 CCTV Cams and I also was looking for installation a few years back, but than found it is extremely easy to do it one self. So....did it myself. The difficult aspect of it all was running all the wires through the attic . Drill a few holes, place a few screws and plug in the jacks according to manual. The hard-drive unit I bolted in also.
    Not a specialty job at all. If your too senior to go at it alone, just hire a local electrician, pay 600 to 700 for install. My unit is Hik-Vision HD

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Blueberry

Blueberry DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thanks everyone for the replies, it's just precautionary for wife and kids to be able to sleep better at night. Am i worried no, more crime in North America than there is here.
    We built and live in a good area, but still good to be able to see whats happening while at home or away for the day or multiple days.

• Like Like x 4
  5. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +294 / 17
    We used solarvolt out of Dawin. The tech, James, spent 2 or 3 days setting us up with 10 cameras spanning over 100 meters from the road to the house and helped determine best spots for maximum coverage. This was is 2018
    Free estimate and he set good expectations. He also came back anytime I had maintanace issues (living by the beach the connections would corrode, so he put some stuff on it to slow down the rust).

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    wife wanted them so I installed them simple as that... also it is nice to see your house for deliveries and such when you are away by logging in on the app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I would imagine that any Foreigner arriving in PH for the first time is liable to form an impression that there is a high crime rate here, on my first visit I was shocked to see security men at the door of the Supermarkets armed with guns, I've never been close to a working modern gun in my life, when you start to go around the place and see metal grille's on most windows and some doors this further reinforces the idea that you need to have a high awareness of criminal activity?
    After living here now for the longer term and for the longest time in this area of south Negros, I have so little to concern myself about in this respect, granted so many Filipinos that live in the larger middle class houses seem to take great precautions against criminal break ins, I do wonder if it is just their way of showing off to others and that they have something worth stealing? then we have the Foreigners that think if they do it we must do the same and this may be a prime requirement in their own home country for them?

I quite sure this may not apply to Manila but for here in South Negros if I had the need to feel more secure in my house?
    What I would have is a couple of high GI Poles on opposite corners of my lot each with two dummy cameras that look to cover the four sides of my boundary and a few Sign around the perimeter to say CCTV cameras in operation, added to that I would also have beware of the Dog signs, I'm sure this is all that is required to deter any opportunist thief's that are likely to be roaming around, I think it unlikely for there to be any organised (does this word even exist in the Filipin language?) criminal activity in this area?

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,870 / 1,029
    Blood Type:
    A+
    He's begging for a break in. Been coming to Duma over 20 years and never had a break in. I live near the beach with many locals and they know I have nothing of value, which is true.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +251 / 141
    All the security measures mentioned are at some level no more than a way to keep the honest people honest. None of them are fool proof. There are ways to defeat all of them including looking like you have nothing and no immediately visual deterrence. Note to self; lift up on the handle when entering Jack's house:o o:. A few of them layered together are much more difficult to defeat.

Criminals be they desperate or organized, smart or dumb, will still make attempts to steal from others. My first goal as a protector of family is making them think our place is not their first choice. My second goal is to make them regret making us their choice. Well trained dogs can do both. Real security cameras can do both. Having good relations with our neighbors can do both. While it's nice to accomplish two things for the cost of one, not everything should. Not every camera should be obvious, not every dog needs to be barker.

• Like Like x 3
  10. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1