Dumaguete Info Search

8 year old found dead after being raped in bajumpandan?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by nice_sherwood, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Mod01

Mod01 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    yes there is still mod01, and he is pissed. the childish behevior and troling will cease soon. stay tuned to this channel for anouncement of upcoming events.

cheech

2. OP
    OP
    nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I agree with your but youll find that its easier said than done. its very complicated when your already inside the system. things are very different. I was that close of strangling that only witness to testify against the gunman of my dad's murder but then as I think of it now, I then realized that I completely understand her. she has a family to protect too and being in a witness in a murder case is like committing suicide yourself. I remember when we hired this private investigator, we convinced the witness once to testify (after agreeing that we will shoulder her and her family's cost about 50k a month and she will get a lump sum after the case is closed) but she came back after a couple of days and said shes been receiving threats and want to back out. its not like in America that you as long as you can gather as much as many evidences to put the offender in jail. here, they make a big deal of witnesses. reminds me of ninoy Aquino's assassination if those gunmen were actually the ones responsible and not just paid to kill but the real culprit is still at large.

3. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Its sad but it seems that every thread seems to end up in a slinging match and mostly off topic . For myself DI is a great way to learn about news and currant affairs and sometimes a good laugh.
    The mod has the job in front of him to clean it up, maybe ppl should use the PM button more and send their grips to the person and not the members in general. Again just my thoughts.
    CHEERS

4. OP
    OP
    nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I agree. if you want to confront a member theres always a PRIVATE MESSAGE button. @malmoman- which I btw sent you one but you kept going with your personal attacks. I must admit I tried to advertise our properties here without reading the forum rules and I kept doing it thinking it was okay but IT WASNT! so I emailed rhoody and I went to see Rechel to sort it out make it up for the inconvenience I caused. I paid for my advertisments although I am not sure if the website as my signature is a bad thing, that I have to check with the mods because I haven't seen it anywhere and ive seen paid advertisers here doing it so I thought it might be okay but I could be wrong.

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    So, you agree with my short and to-the-point post, but just could not resist the temptation to go off on a 200 word rant saying almost exactly the same thing?

Larry

6. OP
    OP
    nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    yeah couldn't help it.lol apologies larry. chill out :D.

7. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Here is an article from this morning's Sun Star newspaper about this crime that might shed a little more light on what happened:

"AN EIGHT-YEAR-OLD elementary school girl was found dead in a sugarcane plantation in Barangay Bajumpandan, Dumaguete City Wednesday morning.

Dumaguete City Police Chief James Gofort said Catherine Sinuag sustained multiple hack wounds in her body which he described as defense wounds.

City Health Officer Sarah Talla, on the other hand, told Sun.Star that Catherine died due to a big slash on her neck.

Dr. Talla, however, refused to confirm or deny that the victim was raped before she was killed pending the result of a medical examination.

Catherine, a Grade 3 pupil of Babajuba Elementary School, was still wearing her school uniform and backpack when found dead around 7 a.m. by her father. Catherine is a consistent honor pupil.

Evidence recovered from the victim’s hand are strands of hair believed to be from the child’s killer. Also recovered from the crime scene were a piece of scythe and an empty sack.

Gofort, in a press conference, said the victim’s parents reported Tuesday evening that Catherine was missing and failed to go home after her afternoon classes. Catherine's family together with their neighbors and some teachers of Babajuba Elementary school went looking for her overnight.

Meanwhile, Gofort clarified that a certain Arnel who was with the crowd when the body of the victim was examined by the members of the Scene of the Crime Operatives (Soco) was invited to the police station for questioning.

Gofort said he is not yet a suspect unless there is probable cause that could link him to the crime."

8. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    I highly doubt he will even make it to trial.

9. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    8-year-old girl found murdered
    BY JUDY F. PARTLOW & JUANCHO GALLARDE

VDS news

The remains of an eight-year-old elementary pupil, who had been reported missing Tuesday, was found in a sugarcane field yesterday morning in Barangay Bajumpandan, Dumaguete City.

Supt. James Goforth, Dumaguete City Police chief, said the girl’s neck had been slashed, and there were cuts on her arms and hands, believed to be “defense wounds” as she tried to ward off her attacker. Her school backpack was intact and she was wearing her school uniform, short pants and underwear, he added.

The body of the victim, a Grade III pupil of the BABAJUBA Elementary School in Dumaguete, was found in a sugarcane field near her home. Her parents and relatives had been searching for her since Tuesday night when she failed to return home from school, he added.

School officials said the children were dismissed at around 4:10 p.m. Tuesday because of some activities.

Goforth said they are still clueless on the motive and the identity of the suspect or suspects despite some evidences recovered at the crime scene, like a bladed tool used for harvesting sugarcane, and strands of hair.

He said the hair strands will be subjected to DNA testing, and the police Crime Laboratory will examine the bladed weapon.

Police have requested for an autopsy of the body to determine if she had been raped, Goforth said, adding that a medico-legal officer from the Regional Police Office will arrive either today or tomorrow to conduct the post-mortem examination.

Goforth said a male person that the police saw at the crime scene with bloodstains on his shirt is now being questioned. He was reportedly overheard as saying that he had been with the girl’s father on a drinking spree.

Blood specimen from the man’s shirt and from the girl’s body will be subjected to laboratory testing, Goforth added.

An outraged community expressed strongly-worded sentiments on social media sites and in broadcast interviews over the death of the girl, and called on the police and government officials to strengthen anti-crime measures.

Goforth said he is urging possible witnesses to help the police in solving the case.*JFP/JG

10. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Visayan Daily Star Today....

Regarding the killing in Bajumpandan in Dumaguete.
    Crime Lab: 8-year-old raped then killed