Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Water Well Drilling

1. gord

gord DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer ✤✤Forum Sponsor✤✤ Forum Sponsor

businessman
    Ratings:
    +155 / 13
    Had Ricky start drilling a well for us in Balugo, knowing that would have to go down 300+ feet. Ricky at the time did not have the proper equipment and ended up snapping his bit in the bore about 150 ft down, and had to abandon. Had another guy come in claiming to eb a licensed well drill with a big truck rig (proudly showed me the picture), and calimed he could go down that deep. Got on site with the exact same equipment as Ricky. We are 260 feet down now and this new guy(won't mention his name on the public forumn)has tried twice to say he had hit water and wanted to get paid. Bull sh*t both times and the bull sh*t rools fast and easy off his tongue. In the meantime, Ricky has got a new rig and I gave him the go ahead for another well in Bulak Dauin. He is down to 120 feet after 2 weeks, hit water and now is installing the casements. Ricky is a good guy and now that he is set up properly, would be the guy I recommend.

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    First drilling. I remember in Siquijor we drilled 74 feet with 2" diameter pipe installed with Golds water jet pump took 2 days to hit the water, we got lucky as there was no big stone and the terrain is slope the water site was 100meters from the seashore but the water is considered to be sweet water. The driller told me that it is easy for them to find a right spot except not to hit a big stone. It cost 150k whole package deal/contract but such pump is hard on maintenance. Drillers name is JOEL from sibulan.

Second drilling, the terrain was flat and sandy water site was 100 meters from high tide of seashore. No expert drilers involved, local carpenters and mason on the job, they dig 2meters x 2meter open hole and they hit the water more or less 15 feet, piled CHB hallow blocked and installed manual hand water pump cost(3,000pesos) then connected to pressure tank(cant remember the name) cost less than 20k pesos. Total cost more or less 50,000pesos. But also hard maintenance.

Third, property is 80 meters about sea level but the driller dug near the small seasonal creek (it dried during summer) which is 30 meters below the property. We started with the local drillers, made plenty of voodoo belief so we give up! Then i found Ricky(his signboard was posted on a tree some where in Dauin). He explained that the terrain is rough hard massive stone and it need a crane with heavy duty drilling tools. Took them one week to finished the drilling, then we installed submersible pump US made, this we used all made from USA to lessen the maintenance headache, and we installed 9 solar panels(avoiding brown-out) to run the system also from USA. Now, we are very happy so far so good "no maintenance yet" and its on 3 years now. My respect to USA quality!

Sorry its a long story..

• Like Like x 3
  3. gord

gord DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer ✤✤Forum Sponsor✤✤ Forum Sponsor

businessman
    Ratings:
    +155 / 13
    will pm you tomorrow when I get in the office Brian

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    Ricky 09066886925, he drilled our 110 feet deep well with 8 diameter pipe reduced to 4 diameter- the only professional driller i found 3 years ago. He dig with a heavy equipment drllers with riggers, cost around 150thousand pesos and we hired a belgian Eric Hacquenet to set up a solar pump system, total water supply cost 580thousand pesos. Could be the best safe water in town. The water system supplied 6 hectares properties.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1