Dumaguete Info Search

A bad choice!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rye83, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    A 59 year old Teacher is as well just one year from retirement here in the UK or retired already. He may have been smitten by an online relationship with a 18 year old that will give him attention. If he has managed to get to near retirement within the school system here he will be clean record wise. He may well be a good just maybe in some opinions misguided nice Guy. He has convinced the family that he is or the family has convinced him that all is well ?

2. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    No expert here, but if a man who has reached the age of 59, is not well adjusted enough to relate in a relationship with someone close to his age. What chance has he have of relating to an 18Yr old?

3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I find it hard at times and there is only 10 years between my gf and myself. (21 and 31)

4. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Oh ye Babes in the woods.....O-xI

5. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    One of the hardest lessons for me to learn is; I cannot lead other people's lives for them. They do not seek my advice because they don't want my advice.
    You are probably right that this relationship will not work out. You are thinking with your mind, she is thinking with her emotions, which she has been trained to do, "if it feels good do it."
    This is not a battle you can win, even if you are are proven right you will bet a prick to the family because you opposed their decisions.
    The age thing goes both ways, she may be planning on taking advantage of him as much if not more so than he is of her. There are many Filipinas in the states that married older guys then divorced once there just for the plane fare. In the mean time they fool themselves into believing that they love the guy.
    You, my friend are I a no win situation if you try to intervene.

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Most of our spousal visa clients are done in 10 months or less. About one third are done in 4 months or less (DCF).

Larry

7. midway

midway DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +285 / 28
    I met my wife when I went to buy insurance for my motorcycle when I was stationed in Subic Bay. I went home and told my roommate I had met the woman I was going to marry. That was twenty-five years ago. I do believe in short engagements, love at first site and all of those other things in chick flicks, but by the same token we have a twenty-three year old daughter and I would be following the example set by the Negrito security force at Subic if she showed up with a fifty anything boyfriend. It wouldn't matter if he did bring me a shiny new BMW.

8. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    I would say the same thing, you are not here at the moment and not back until April, even if you were here, you already got it right, don't interfere, it's possible that the family will see it just the way you described it, that would be a reason to lose your girlfriend as well as having some fierce enemies in the form of sore relatives...

9. Kayook

Kayook DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Perhaps already well known by everyone here: "A long way to go for a date" by Henry Makow, should be required reading. Give a copy to each of these love birds.

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Seems a little like Sod's Law, if it is going to Happen, it will happen. Google, obviously have their finger on the button here.