Dumaguete Info Search

A couple projects around the house

Discussion in 'Property Development' started by ShawnM, Jan 27, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Saturday was some grinding and chipping on the outdoor CR concrete and today was finishing up installing the rafters for the roof. The wife got a product to prep the galvanized roofing (remove the zinc coating) for paint, not familiar with it but it neutralizes with water so not a muriatic acid. She said it worked well.

Tomorrow will be wire brushing, grinding and primer (red lead) for the rafters and then the roofing material install and hopefully primer coats. She used the "galva wash" for both sides so both will have to be painted...I only planned on one side but it will turn out fine.

Shawn
    Roofing material.jpg Acid treatment.jpg Roofing structure.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    The 2 guys are concentrating on the roof for the outdoor CR. After that it will be finishing the interior and exterior walls and forming up a largish concrete sink that will double as a place to wash clothes; the wife still insists on washing clothes by hand, some things I just take as it is what it is. It's a small CR but should be functional and end up looking good.

Shawn

Grinder-primer (1).jpg Grinder-primer (2).jpg Roof structure priming.jpg Roofing panel primer (1).jpg Roofing panel primer (2).jpg Final paint.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Our 2 workers are at it on the outdoor CR, really looking forward to this getting done. Happy Friday the 13th.

Shawn
    Door frame rough in.jpg Roof final painting.jpg Windows (1).jpg Windows (2).jpg

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    How can a room be outdoors? Mind blown, man. Puff puff pass. :cigar:

5. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    It is a play on words I guess. I referred to a dirty kitchen a number of times when speaking to my Mom years ago before she finally asked me what I was talking about. Once explained she said that it was an outdoor kitchen that was common when she grew up as it was too hot to cook in the main house during the summer months.

The little CR is outside of the house so I will probably continue to call it the outdoor CR...once functional it may have a chance to be upgraded to the Nipa Guest house CR but I'll have to think a bit more about that. It won't be called an outhouse, it deserves better.

Shawn

6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Where did you buy the "Galva Wash"? I was using white vinegar to neutralize the Galvanized metal!

7. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    The wife picked it up at Matio in Dumaguete. Vinegar must have taken a long time...

Shawn

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    A few more pictures of the outdoor CR.

Shawn
    Outdoor CR (1).jpg Outdoor CR (2).jpg Outdoor CR door and window work.jpg Outdoor CR roofing.jpg Outdoor CR skim coat.jpg

9. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Where Wrye83 is from, they call it an outhouse. :thumbsup:

An outhouse, also known by many other names, is a small structure, separate from a main building, which covers one or more toilets. This is typically either a pit latrine (long drop) or a bucket toilet, but other forms of dry (non-flushing) toilets may be encountered.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Still working on the outdoor CR; the wife picked out/bought the floor tile and the interior and exterior paint. I like the stone pattern for the floor tile, similar to what we put in our master bath.

Shawn
    Outdoor CR plastering (1).jpg Outdoor CR plastering (2).jpg Outdoor CR plastering (3).jpg Outdoor CR skim coat.jpg Outdoor CR floor tile.jpg

• Like Like x 2