Dumaguete Info Search

a foreign guy who dislike Philippines

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by newbie27, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
  2. darkside

darkside DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with his points, just unfortunate that a local Filipino didnt do the vid. He'd prolly be bashed for talking sh!t against the country, but a foreigner is ok just as long as theres dollars on the table. No f'n discipline whatsoever.
    I'm an immigrant of the U.S.A, and I talk as much sh!t about the U.S as the next guy, especially these days.
    So I am going to do something about it, but it has nothing to do with bitching in front or a camera. I have a 5 year exit plan to "go back to where I came from".
    Maybe this foreigner should do the same.

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Why is it that a foreigner riding a motorcycle and someone on a motorcycle in front turns his head and spits, and it hit's him right in face he or she can't complain? In other countries no matter where they come from there is a right to complain and the one in front is at fault???????

4. Mike Alano

Mike Alano DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    wahahahahahaha!!! epic. love this gu and the comic social reality we are in. mighty funny. welcome to the Philippines. :D

Dave! i'm sure this cracked you up too. :P

5. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    The video and blog should be mandatory viewing and reading for anyone in the tourism business. Billions of pesos are being pumped in to promote tourism, yet those in the industry are blind to why there is very little repeat business, except to places like Borocay and Punta Galera. The majority of tourists come once and never return, yet Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei, all get considerable repeat customers.

Spitting, public urination and defacation, excessive noise, chaotic traffic on atrocious roads, idiotic drivers, scattered garbage, disgraceful public health and hygiene, lawlessness, lack of order or any form of discipline, hawkers who harass restaurant users every two minutes - just some of the reasons why most tourists never return. Singapore used to be like that in the 60's, until Lee Kuan Yew grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and transformed it. Now look at it. Squeeky clean, safe, a quality of life, extremely high standards, and very warmly welcoming, where tourists are respected and treated with respect and not viewed as a "friggin' foreigner" who is a ripe target to be ripped off.

• Like Like x 1
  6. darkside

darkside DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What really irks me about my country is that we were never economically devastated or destroyed with an A-bomb back in the day....Now those countries (Singapore & Japan) are economic powerhouses of Asia....WTF!!!
    Our country has been raped by these so called fvcking trusted public officials, in charge with the interest of the people.
    We need another Che Guevarra!!!!
    Unfortunately it wont happen cause someone will either kill him or put millions in his pockets...

7. OP
    OP
    newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I was reviewing the vid... OMG! Hes partly right but not all part of PI are dirty as it is. Anyways, real deal hurts. This is a wake up call to any local government whose places are dirty at present. Indeed, billions of pesos was spent to promote tourism in PI. But pls, just a piece of advice...clean, beautify the area first before promoting it. A Lesson learned if you learned. Lol!

8. Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The “I Hate The Philippines” Guy Issues An “Apology”
    So, something expected happened. The guy that made the “I hate Philippines” video is apologizing. If you haven’t seen it yet, watch it now, because I can only imagine that after this apology, he will probably take the video down. I’m actually surprised that it’s still running. I gotta tell you, when I first watched the video, my immediate thoughts were that I hope this guy (for his safety) is not still in the Philippines. Obviously, he is. The cameraman or one of his friends should have warned him about what he was doing. He’s been there long enough to understand the type of repercussions that would come from making a video like this.

So here he is, in all his glory, making an “apology.” Do I really think he’s sorry? No, not at all. What I think happened is exactly what I thought would happen. He’s most likely getting death threats left and right from everyone that knows him and where he lives. Not too smart to make that video while still living there, especially in the same city.
    Here is the video link. Jimmy Sieczka's Official Response and Apology to the Video "20 Reasons I Dislike ____(Philippines)" on ChannelFix

9. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    If he is getting death threats then that just gives extra weight to the things that he found wrong and highlighted. No comments about the other vids he made of what he found good about the Philippines. The powers that be continually tell everyone that everything is fine and our way is wonderful. That head-in-the-sand approach has made this country stand still for 25 years while all around them in South East Asia every other country has progressed.

If you go to ph.news.yahoo.com you will find that there are currently 2268 comments about the video. All the comments come from Pinoys and the vast majority agree with the video, the most common comment being that the truth hurts and it should serve as a wake-up call to those who are in public office.

10. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    In direct contrast to Article III section 4, have a look at this!

http://www.sunstar.c...-country-211941

Monday, March 19, 2012
    A CEBU City councilor wants the American who made a video on the things he disliked about the Philippines declared “persona non grata” in the city.

City Councilor Sisinio Andales said Jimmy Sieczka has embarrassed the whole country, particularly Cebu City, in his 25-minute video that has been circulating in social networking sites

The areas featured in Sieczka’s video entitled “20 Reasons I Dislike the Philippines” are all in Cebu City. Sieczka has been living in the city for the last three years.

“Iyang gipakatap sa tanan nga way ayo diri, nga it’s not fun to be in the Philippines,” said Andales. He said this is in contrast to the tourism promotion slogan of the Department of Tourism “It’s More Fun in the Philippines.”

With this, Andales said he will file a resolution before the City Council next week declaring Sieczka “persona non grata.”

In a phone interview with Sun.Star Cebu yesterday, Andales said Sieczka should have called the attention of concerned government officials or agencies about his problems with the city before making the video.

In the video, Sieczka said that among the things he dislikes in the country are the beggars, the heavy traffic, the garbage on the streets and the “uncomfortable” comfort rooms.

While he finds their presence sad, Siezcka described the spread of beggars on the streets as “annoying.” He also said the garbage on the streets “pisses him off.”

He described the traffic as “disgusting” and the public comfort rooms as “heroin dens.”

He also doesn’t like the Filipino’s obsession with whitening products, unsafe construction sites, taxi drivers who keep on beeping, security guards who are untrained, sidewalks that reek of urine and the improper frisking in malls.

Online, Sieczka said the video he posted was just “to spark change” and that he simply pointed out issues that may have been “overlooked for quite some time.”

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on March 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.