Dumaguete Info Search

a foreign guy who dislike Philippines

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by newbie27, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jopliniac

Jopliniac DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Dave and Imp,

I believe no. There was no efforts done by the local expats here. But i do believe there are organizations, foreign ones, that are helping the community in one way or another. And i also believe there are foreign individuals who help the community in their own selfless way.

I'm a Filipino, btw. And the Philippine government is so overly against (well, not really the right term) to foreigners being able to own land or run business or do something that should be possessed by them (the foreigners). And i think, basing on that, the local government is also tight about that. I could be wrong.

Well, to be "safe", i think when you try to build an expat community who wants to help the local community, i think you need to have a "trusted" local who is able to "own/lead" the organization. Because as i have said, only citizens of this country can do that. Foreigners can "indirectly own". And also, you need to consult the Constitution so when somebody takes your organization down, you can defend it, because there's a law where the government can SEIZE your property (yep, private or not) if you failed to comply with the local laws.

The greatest help you can contribute as an individual is just to be a responsible and be a good citizen here. That's all what it takes.
    Maayong gabi-i! :D

2. Jopliniac

Jopliniac DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I really do hope sir you are just being sarcastic. :|

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    well, I guess I am here since you were in teletubby age (and that is no insult, but my idea about your age and my length of stay in this country) and no this is not sarcastic, that is 110% experience and real

4. Jopliniac

Jopliniac DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    nope, i am no american kiddo watching your teletubby movies, not even your barney's!
    Well, your perception of what your purpose here is just so sad. I mean, is that how lowly you think of yourselves of why you are here?
    I know you are better than that.
    And being a foreigner here doesn't mean you are automatically a moneybag for us.
    You stayed here because aside from whatever (environment, place, wife, gf, etc), you basically stayed here because it is cheap here to live. You stayed here because you can comfortably live here with your enough money.
    If you're in your own country, i think things will be different and you might be living a hard life there, that's why you stayed here because it's cheaper here, not because you want to bring money here. I think that's just sad.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Well, that is how your country treats citizens of other nations, just sad.

you have no clue who I am, what I do and what I did, here or in my own country and what brought me here. Your thinking is totally clueless and stupid and does not reach the level of a 12 year old. To put it to the point a whole lot of clueless, racist statements of a inexperienced kid.

So please, before you say anything to or about me, get your facts and information straight and know what you are talking about, get a bit realistic and some life experience under your belt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.