Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness A Good Veterinary Doctor?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by luvdox, Mar 3, 2015.

1. luvdox

luvdox DI Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    Can anyone recommend a good vet? We have 3 dachshunds coming with us on this big move first week of April all the way from Texas. Thanks!

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    luvdox, there are quite a few Vets in and around Dumaguete, I would wait until you get here before deciding one. Where you intend to live will be a deciding factor no Doubt. If you need one ASAP for when you get off the Plane, there is one just around the Corner from the Airport toward Dumaguete, I don't have the Number or Contact details but I guess someone will Provide that for you, My Vets is on the Other side of Town But if you decide Valencia is where you will be then I can give you the details as it is not Far.

JP :bag: :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    luvdox

luvdox DI Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    Thank you, JP!

I hope I won't need one right after we get off the plane but I am relieved to know there's one close to the airport when these little ones need help. This is going to be their first plane ride and a long one at that. The eldest one (4 yrs old) has some sort of anxiety so I am worried for him. I hope the calming drops would work. Thanks, once again!

• Like Like x 2
  4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Acuna Vet, not too far from the airport, is popular with expats, also the one near Hypermart gets very good reviews. I have used both. I initially used the vet across from Cangs but was not at all satisfied.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    luvdox

luvdox DI Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    Great! Thanks for that info. I will keep that on my list.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Why not pat, I use him in fact I have to pick my pup up in an hour. Anyone know why he is not recommended? The one across from Cangs!

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    I had no complaints apart from Price once or twice, The only reason we moved to the one in Bagacay near Hypermart was Logistics when we moved into the new House.
    This is the one I gave you details for on Saturday Jim. Which I certainly will recommend if luvdox moves to that area.

Obviously only Pat can give his reasons which knowing pat, will more than likely be valid ones worth noting. :wink:

JP :bag: :whistling:

• Like Like x 3
  8. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    Acuna clinic is pricey, I had my dogs & cats castrated cost almost 12k each dog, and my beloved cat was 2,800 plus,plus...i bring my pets there because i feel more secure with the result. I have tried the other 3 Vets but i wasn't satisfied. Please let me know JP where to get a reasonable AntiRabies shot for my dogs and cats..near valencia please.Thank you very much!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    My min Pin had a bad skin irritation. The vet, at that time, could not identify the problem and the medication did not help. We then took him to the vet who has since moved be Hypermart who identified the problem that we were feeding him chicken which some dogs including mine cause a skin allergy.
    Just my experience.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    luvdox

luvdox DI Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    That's a very pricey neutering! I paid just a little bit more ($279 = roughly P13,000) for my mini dachshund here in Texas just 10 days ago but that's because he had a case of Cryptorchidism or undescended testicle. The vet had to do an x-ray to locate the undescended testicle and had to do a bit more invasive surgery - poor little guy! Prior to the surgery, however, we were contemplating of having it done there primarily because of the cost involve but we thought it might be risky so we decided to have it done here. After reading your posting, I'm glad we did! This little guy pictured here will have his check up tomorrow to ensure he's healing properly. Thanks!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2