Dumaguete Info Search

A happy move.....

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by CLB, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLB

CLB DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After 4,5 years in Dumagute with all it's pluses and minuses we decided to move to a city that we have visited at least 10 times, and that city is Bacolod on Visayas west coast. A half a million people lives here and no problem when out on town.
    Nice friendly people and a very green and clean city. Starting our business didn't take long and the responses are fantastic.
    what we like best here is that we don't have the smelly dark soot as we had living in Lower Bagacay, Dumaguete.... Fresh air from the west and clean air breathing makes both me and my wife fell much better. The best part besides all the malls here is the 50 restaurants serving good food and the prices are ok. As far as crime here you can as a foreigner walk anywhere anytime..... most crimes are filipino to filipino. The best place in Town is the GOLDENFIELD with all the entertainment and restaurants...... Living is cheaper here and your choice of food is greater than Dumaguete. All we can say is that to all you guys who aren't happy where you live, you should come to Bacolod and try it out..... PEACE and QUIET! Best move ever made for us and CLEAN AIR, for healthy living.

2. OP
    OP
    CLB

CLB DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In addittion to our Bacolod move...we

We moved to a very nice subdivision in Bacolod, Dona Juliana.... many nice houses and friendly neighbors.... as far as animals only dogs allowed. No karaoke disturbance and in Bacolod you find hardly any motorbikes.... Thanks God.
    Peaceful sleep at night and rested in the morning is a blessing. We found a big nice house and did some repairs and today we enjoy it all. We only live 7 minustes from downtown and a more peaceful downtown is hard to find.
    a good website about Bacolod is..... http://www.bacolodcity.gov.ph/ Today we had lunch at the fameous restaurant 21and it was all delicious as usual. Another rest. that we love is INAKA Rest. fantastic suchi and the waiters are fantastic...... Great French Merlot Wine.
    If you move to Bacolod and like to live in Peace with your wife and Family, happiness comes everyday!
    Taxis wherever you go....Taxis are so cheap so now reason to buy a car. When you use a taxicab you have a private driver, no car payments and no car insurance to pay...... Taxis in bacolod cost me 100 pesos when we go shopping and 100 pesos back home...... can't beat that...... make a call and they show in 5 minutes, whereever you are....... tricycles in Bacold are silly small and very few around...... I know why..... T A X I is for your comfort.

We made the right move and are happier than ever...... CLEAN AIR MAKES YOU FEEL HAPPIER!

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Yah, let us know how you like it after 4,5 years of living there!

:wink:

Larry

4. OP
    OP
    CLB

CLB DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will for sure let you know......... hope your attitude will be better after 4,5 years, because now it sucks. Thx for your interest anyway.....you seem to be a very possitive and caring person. Just another confirmation why we not live in Dumashitty anymore.....
    Larry if you have nothing else to say....ZIP it......SILENCE IS GOLDEN!

Lawyer acting Lawyer .......heheheee

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Thanks, I am well adjusted here and enjoy every day, what a shame others can't see the good through their attitudes..........

Larry

6. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Don't be so harsh on him I sure would like to have clean air here and less Tricycles and a few more Taxis on nice wide roads with regulated traffic and less Motor Bikes, now how do we get there to have all these without moving I don't know...

7. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    I do, take the Ceres, plenty up there and back everyday!

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    We have enjoyed out trips to Bacolod. The infrastructure there seems much more first world than most anywhere else we have been in the Philippines. Why there are not more foreigners there is beyond me, maybe it is because of the language difference?

In reality though, most who chase happiness never find it. They may move to heaven, but after a while they will still be unhappy no matter where they move to. They cannot help but be themself. for a while they will attest to the fact that they have found heaven on earth, but after a period of time the bitterness and discontent wear through, and they find they are no more happy with life than they were in the last place they lived.

On the other hand, one who is well adjusted and a happy person can and will be so most anywhere.

Larry

9. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    yes. .. i think it all boils down to choice... if you stay happy, then you will be... but if you keep on finding the negative aspects of everything, then even if you move every year, you would surely not be contented...

and yes..CONTENTMENT is the word... live each day with it :smile:

10. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    happy to hear you're enjoying it and have found the place for you.... :-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.