Dumaguete Info Search

Review Best Posts in Thread: A little heart for "antiques" of the Philippines - Vintage board game

1. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    I visited a local flee market today and found this nice item: A vintage board game "Tour of Luzon" from 1962. It is a bicycle race around luzon, it comes on a wooden foldable box and is still in good condition, even without figures or dice. Seems to be a very rare item, I found absolutely no information about this game in the net. Very nice decoration for our house. It is so hard to find old local stuff in the Philippines, nothing last here long because of the climate, I guess, and the real antiques are already in possession of some rich guys...But I am quite happy with this, for a price of only 100 pesos :-)
    IMG_20191116_163530.jpg IMG_20191116_163536.jpg IMG_20191116_163547.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    I wished to have the Battle of Manila box from Parker 1898 ... Thanx for that cool information , Dude :-) Right now, I am just proud to own a board game that shows up nowhere - hard to estimate the value, doesn't matter, I just love that piece, it's a part of the history of the Philippines and very decorative at our house...never give up chasing some old stuff here and getting surprised from time to time :-)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1