Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: A MONORAIL IN DUMAGUETE

1. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    One of the best laughs I've had on this site since I joined. I mean if they can't even build a ring road, bypass for the town, what hope for a monorail?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Do a little vote counting and you see how it works in Dumaguete. There are 2,500 trikes. The trike driver makes a living, so he get family votes to support his trike provided income. So maybe there is 12,500 possible votes coming from the 2,500 trike drvers (driver, mother, father, mistress and wife.) Since most of the time the trike drives rent the trikes, there are also 2,500 trike owners but many trikes are owned by a few, so less say 650 separate trike owners. Assuming the trike owners have family members support them (owner, mother, father, wife, mistress and GF*) then there is another possible 3,800 votes, So that means support form the trike industry could possibly provide 16,300 votes. There is a trike drivers association here in Dumaguete, so there is some unification of corps here.
    In the Mayor's race Felipe Antonio “Ipe” Remollo emerged as the winner with 29,518 votes, so a possible block of 16,300 votes would receive some good pandering for votes.

So yes, the trike drivers association does have a large political influence in this town.

*please note that children of voting age, legitimate or otherwise were not included in this count.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Feasibility studies? :hmmm::boohoo: anyone ( Consortium whoever) with that kind of Money will say Whoa. Where will it come from where will it go to, you need Stations, Interchanges, you will need Land. Have a look at the Linked page and ask yourself. Can you honestly believe this will happen here in Dumaguete? You just can't Polish a Turd
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ima...O5-_TPAhXF2LwKHcstCTgQ7AkIOA&biw=1360&bih=638
    No! for me, it would be better to Build a New city with all this Infrastructure already there. Like we did in the UK and other countries around the World, they were called New Towns and catered for the City Over spill.

I mean can we try and imagine the Disruption and Additional Traffic problems (Chaos) while it is being Built:creeper:
    I tend to think that any feasibility Study will not take any real time to Say No way Jose.

JMVHO

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  4. aldinlapinig

aldinlapinig DI Junior Member

Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hi guys,

Just to add up to this news and hopefully shed some light on the idea of a monorail in Dumaguete as I had the opportunity to look at the master plan of the Mayor for the City and be with this Chinese group. The MOU is just a GO signal by the City for the Chinese investors to come and do a feasibility study - nothing is final. The idea of a monorail is just one of the solutions being considered. Other means to ease the traffic in the city are also being looked at, like the e-trike (currently being studied how to be implemented and hopefully replace the old motor-powered trikes), new diversionary roads, even the idea of transferring the city hall to a more strategic location somewhere in the middle of Dumaguete, and add to that, the installation of a much better LED lightings around the city and highways.

It's good to have a forward thinking Mayor (neutral guy here - hate politics - not from Dumaguete - whoever is best must win). Let's see how all these unfold. I believe these plans are for the best and let's support what's worth supporting. And these Chinese investors mentioned sharing and transfer of technology - this is good... as Dumaguete is also considered a university town.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Will never happen! The trike drivers association run this town and will never change!
    Pretty much the whole west side of Negros are running small electric trikes now,I'm sure this lot here know about it and would do something if they wanted to!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  6. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    They can't deal with a couple of trees at the end of a runway.....is this really possible? :smile:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. karebear

karebear DI New Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Retiree
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It would be a great addition to the region, but I just do not see this happening...:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2