Dumaguete Info Search

A MONORAIL IN DUMAGUETE

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by tuba-coma, Oct 21, 2016.

1. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Read again....my estimate isn't on time to be completed but time once completed before it broke down to being useless and unusable.... assuming it could even get completed.

2. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    why are people even commenting on this NON story, comparing apples to egg cups

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    No sure, why did you post? :o o:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  4. aldinlapinig

aldinlapinig DI Junior Member

Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hi guys,

Just to add up to this news and hopefully shed some light on the idea of a monorail in Dumaguete as I had the opportunity to look at the master plan of the Mayor for the City and be with this Chinese group. The MOU is just a GO signal by the City for the Chinese investors to come and do a feasibility study - nothing is final. The idea of a monorail is just one of the solutions being considered. Other means to ease the traffic in the city are also being looked at, like the e-trike (currently being studied how to be implemented and hopefully replace the old motor-powered trikes), new diversionary roads, even the idea of transferring the city hall to a more strategic location somewhere in the middle of Dumaguete, and add to that, the installation of a much better LED lightings around the city and highways.

It's good to have a forward thinking Mayor (neutral guy here - hate politics - not from Dumaguete - whoever is best must win). Let's see how all these unfold. I believe these plans are for the best and let's support what's worth supporting. And these Chinese investors mentioned sharing and transfer of technology - this is good... as Dumaguete is also considered a university town.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    You know Something. There is NO where to put it

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Feasibility studies? :hmmm::boohoo: anyone ( Consortium whoever) with that kind of Money will say Whoa. Where will it come from where will it go to, you need Stations, Interchanges, you will need Land. Have a look at the Linked page and ask yourself. Can you honestly believe this will happen here in Dumaguete? You just can't Polish a Turd
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ima...O5-_TPAhXF2LwKHcstCTgQ7AkIOA&biw=1360&bih=638
    No! for me, it would be better to Build a New city with all this Infrastructure already there. Like we did in the UK and other countries around the World, they were called New Towns and catered for the City Over spill.

I mean can we try and imagine the Disruption and Additional Traffic problems (Chaos) while it is being Built:creeper:
    I tend to think that any feasibility Study will not take any real time to Say No way Jose.

JMVHO

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  7. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Written in sarcasm, as it is a boring morning. This like most of Duterte proclamations will be revised by Foreign Affairs Spokesman Perfecto Yasay, in about 4 hours. Enjoy and laugh. Think of the possibilities if this were to really happen:

Breaking News:

It has just been announced that Duterte has traded a pile of rocks apparently located 200 meter off the Dumaguete high tide line for 2 kilos of fish and a date with the Chinese reporter he was seen flirting with on TV, to the Chinese National Government. Including in Duterte’s announces were the comments: “What, it is just a pile of rocks and the reporter is HOT. I only want what is good for my people which is why a negotiated with passion for the second kilo of fish. ” Duterte has given his Chinese ancestral Chinese surnames to the crabs inhabiting the pile of Rocks. This means that the pile of rocks that are above the sea level is not classified as an inhabited island, a defining point for the Chinese nation's claim to parts of the South China Sea. The Significance is that Dumaguete is now part of the exclusive economic zones (EEZs) of China. The dividing line now runs down the street in front of the park in Valencia Central Park. Please be aware when buying vegetables on Sunday morning that those buying vegetables on the eastern side of the street must now pay in China Yuan Renminbi, while Philippines Pesos are used on the Western side of the street. As this radius line is based as circle off a pile of rocks’ island, the EEZ demarcation line only extends about 20 KM south of Dumaguete before turning out to sea. However if you intend to go the Zamboanguita Wednesday’s market please remember to bring your passports with you when you pass from one countries’ exclusive economic zone to the other countries’ exclusive economic zone. The Chinese are excited about building a new monorail in their exclusive economic zone along the south highway from Bacong to “Chinaguete” (the new name assigned to portions of Dumaguete in the Chinese EEZ). The north demarcation line goes through the Silliman University Central park area so anyone planning to walk through the park should also plan to have their passports in hand if needed. Those classes taught on the south side of the campus will now be taught in Mandarin.

Life is the process of adjusting to the geo-political climate we live in. Practicing your Mandarin for those living near the edge of the EEZ line is suggested for better assimilation to your new culture.

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Members here seem to be thinking in terms of the status quo. The future of Dumaguete is Chinese tourism. Haven't you seen them yet? They are around town already. If there is any Chinese investment here it will be to help their own people get around their choice of tourist destination.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Very true,an exclusive resort in dauin has employed a Chinese dive master to teach and take people diving,she also bring in a lot of custom to the resort. Some German friends of mine started up a dive shop in another resort close by and after a years or so it became nearly all Chinese tourists so they sold it as language problems. Many more will come.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    I heard this Monorail talk from the Mayor's staff. Let's see if it happens, then well and good.