Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness A Superb Dentist--Extremely Gentle!

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by jerrygreen25, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I would assume so too. Both my wife and I have used her services before, but I am unsure if:

She does crowns
    How long the lab takes to make the crown
    The actual cost
    Anyone else here has had her do a crown

If I don't get any answers here, I guess I'll just have to pay her another visit. :(

2. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Just for the records and to somewhat even out the opinions. Both my wife and I went to this dentist and found her to be very "rough" and not informative. So we are going back to Dr. Tia until we can find someone else if we have to. I know someone on here had a bad experience with her so they say, but I think you will always find someone that is unhappy about something. So this is just our 2 cents worth.

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Just for the record, we are about half way through having all the work Tia did over the course of a year redone. Lucky for us Tia quoted P6000 for a job that Garupa did in 10 minutes for P500, which tipped us off, or we would have thrown away many more thousands with Tia and the wife would have wound up with no teeth left.

Larry

4. flxibl2006

flxibl2006 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We have been very happy with Dr. Garupa. Several extractions on myself and family members, a root canal with ceramic cap and routine cleanings and a filling or 2. I am not comfortable with posting her prices as it may vary depending on the individuals requirements. She is very reasonable.
    If all you are looking for is the cheapest dentist check out some of the bars late at night and do a little ranting, I am sure someone will volunteer to perform some dental work for free!
    Scott

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    The dentist at Rob. mall is okay if you just need cleaning and hair removal.

6. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Plucking or waxing? :smile:

7. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Best Answer
    There is a recent addition to the dentists in town. Dr. Julie Flor Cordeta, Premier Dental Care Solution. I read about her on the forum and decided to see her since I had a tooth ache that keep me up occasionally. She is located across from the Phoenix gas station south of the mall. I do not make many recommendations on the forum but I would recommend her, after three visits and being very comfortable with her performance:

First appointment was a meet and greet with a review of my dental situation and recommendations with costs: no charge

Second appointment was to clean and fill a cavity, in my mouth: 500 P cleaning, 500 P for cavity. (No more tooth pain).

Third appointment visit was for second cavity and root canal: This one was more interesting as after starting the cavity repair, after taking an x-ray, said she may not have to do the root canal if the cavity did not get too close to the nerve... The cavity was 500 P inclusive of x-ray, and the root canal was 4500 P but she did not have to do the root canal. I walked out with no pain in my mouth or wallet.

I have been impressed by her thorough explanations of procedures and pleasant “chair side” manner. I have no more tooth ache. My mouth feels good, there was very little pain during the processes, and I still have pesos in my pocket for a couple of good meals.

Since she is new, so is her office, and very modern looking to a layman like myself. I was impressed again with a device she put in my mouth that was a camera and an image of what she was going to do, the cavities were displayed on a TV monitor on the wall in front of me, as well as the mentioned x-ray and an explanation of services. I am confident in the services I received from her.

Note: this is the fourth dentist I have used in town: First charged me extremely high skin tax but was recommended by my Filipino Landlord. Second: tried a switch and bait scheme on me. Third: lost my records after charging me for a preliminary exam. Four did a bridge, he has moved and the bridge does not always feel right. Dr. Julie Flor Cordeta is the only one I have confidence in at this time. Contact number is 09175280792. Or premierdcs@gmail.com or premierdent.net.

• Thanks Thanks x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1