Dumaguete Info Search

Abuse!

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Jack Peterson, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I swear I already posted this to the forum somewhere. I can't seem to find it now though.

FYI Jack: you can create Google Alerts for certain key words and it will deliver the news/articles to your email or an RSS reader automatically. I have alerts for Dumaguete (and many other keywords: Bohol/Cebu/Sigquijor/Apo Island/etc) automatically posted to a hidden forum through the RSS feed provided by Google, then I edit them and add comments before posting them to the main forum. This is usually why I beat you to posting most of these articles. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    :whistling: OK my friend, I will pay more attention to detail, Honest :cool: I already have Google alerts for Dumaguete But..........................:meh:

JP:bag: :cry:

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The thread might not have made it on to the main forum. I could have deleted it from the test forum instead of posting it. I do recall editing it and leaving a comment on it though. Who knows.

Sometimes you have to be a little more creative with the alert terms to get more targeted news feeds. I have 3-4 different alerts for Dumaguete.

5. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    :unsure: I am sure we all stick to your prowess, it just that some days it is slow in Postings that many( me in particular ) look for things that may be of Interest. :pompus:

JP :bag: :shamefullyembarrased:

6. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I try to look at the positive side of things if possible, and I always seem to find a positive side... sometimes it just takes the time to look at a situation (or person) from a different direction (some people look better walking away than approaching :wink:). In this article the most personal positive things is my name is not mentioned in the article...:wink::wink::wink:
    Joking aside, a difficult case for me, that although the reported cases have risen, it is a good possibility that the actual real cases has not risen at the same rate. The positive side is cases are now being reported, and not covered up, even to protect the incest by family members. Over 25% of the cases involved incest, meaning family involvement in the abuse. To me, there really is not any "free get out of jail card", just because you are related to someone. Usually reported issues like these bring public attention and awareness to the issue, and to the potentials future "absurer" as they realize that everything may not just be ignored, and never reported and no consequences expected because of their actions. Sometimes what one society considers to be deviant behavior is so rampart that is considered natural. I was once told that the gay beauty contests in the high schools we natural here because they were accepted so well.
    Just maybe if this approach of reporting and apprehending and then convicting these type of abusers may just end up with the"real" number of cases being reduced.
    We can always look at the positive side. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    On the other side of the coin, we have this, so there IS hope. :thumbsup:

DAILY STAR: Negros Oriental

JP :bag::whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    These are reported cases.... many more go unreported....it has been estimate 1>4 children are molested before they reach 18....47% of Filipinas lose their virginity to rape....and 61% of babies here are born out of wedlock..... We need to honor those that have the courage to come forward and file a complaint.... in this society that takes a LOT of courage

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Rape and incest are so very common here in the Philippines. I've known a few cases of rape in the US but here in the Philippines its so very common. To me it seems near half of the Filipina's who have known and discussed such things have had it personally happen to them. Many girls lose it to family members or a *boyfriend* who won't take no for an answer and then act like they deserved it and they were somehow helping the girl. The police for most cases don't do a d*mn thing and girls in families are threatened with breaking up the family if they ever talk about it to the police or within the family.

What also bothers me though while due to this culture some foreigners come here to use girls especially young ones (and boys) most aren't that way and are actually very caring. Yet the Philippines loves to treat foreigners as criminals and sex predators with laws, rules, and regulations burdening down foreigners while a Filipino guy faces no real consequences unless the family finds out and an angry father comes by with a bolo.

However I will add to Kojak that really babies born out of wedlock is utter nonsense of a comment on this. A relationship doesn't need marriage for kids and there are very high statistics for western and other developed countries with babies born out of wedlock as well. That is really not about rape and incest but simply sex outside of marriage which is a religious issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I generally agree with your post but would only add that children out of wedlock deserve to be loved by both parents, supported financially and emotional and otherwise, by both parents. Responsible parenting does not end after organism. Parenting is a long term project, not a short term experience that can be abandoned up displeasure of the experience. If that was the case, many of us might be orphans or street kids ourselves. I know I cause a few times of displeasure for my parents, but love and commitment (and laws) on their part made them keep me. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1