Dumaguete Info Search

ACR iCard Acr card renewal (not needed now)

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by DavyL200, Feb 19, 2016.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I have just had some info from a friend who has just been to bi main office at intramuros,Manila to renew his acr card for his tourist visa and he was told it was not needed anymore and the visa stamp will be enough now!
    This card has always been a complete waste of time and money anyway and just a money maker.
    I'm sure more will come out on this issue over the next few days or weeks.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I wondered why I never received mine, still cost P7,795 though.

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Curious here Jim :hmmm:

4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I hope someone can convince the Dumaguete BI of this but I doubt it. They see the ACR card as a money maker and I would not be surprised to find out they get to keep that income for their own office use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I applied for mine 6 (or more) months ago. Still hadn't arrived in the Dumaguete office as of last week. :meh:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Of course it would all make sense now. with the Introduction of the ARP and our own Unique SSR Number we are on the System so there would be no need for a yearly renewal but as mentioned, They may just forget to tell Dumaguete but then, Where would the card be produced. It was supposedly all done in Manila. The Plot Thickens methinks :pompus:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    I was a bit worried about mine been overdue to arrive since I renewed it in early december, now after hearing wry has been waiting 6 months not so concerned now, a bit like new number plates and rego sticker for our suzuki van.....been waiting since october for that............smile

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Did you check the link Alex Supplied this Morning?
    BoI icard Announcement | Dumaguete Info
    just a thought.:wink:

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It's nothing to worry about as a tourist. If they don't care enough to make sure I get it then I could care less if I have it. I'm certainly not going to go out of my way and waste my cell minutes to call the number they give me to check its status/track it down. When they ask where it is I just say, "already applied, out of stock, sir" they will then look through the large stack of icards just sitting there in the office and tell me maybe next month......I just shrug my shoulders and get on with filing for the extension that I'm actually there for. Not one time have I ever ran across a situation where an icard was needed. (They did claim I needed it for the Alien Registration Program but when I told them I still hadn't received it they went ahead with the application process anyways. :meh:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    The only potential problem I see is, some banks require an i card to open a new account and I remember reading that LTO required one for a new license.....

• Informative Informative x 1