Dumaguete Info Search

ACR iCard ACR-I card

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Silverman, Mar 10, 2016.

1. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    went there today to see if my I card had arrived after 3 months waiting.......joy of joys it was there today as well as another friend was there and his card was there after waiting about the same time

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nutz2U2

Nutz2U2 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +269 / 29
    Yep, got mine after only 3 weeks.

I was surprised when told - come back in 1 month sir.

But wifey picked it up early.

3. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    The dress code poster I found for BI, does not seem to out of line to me:
    Request Rejected

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I used to like reading about people who showed up at Immigration in short pants and had to rent (really large) trousers from an enterprising Filipino!:hilarious:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    The updated regulations allow shorts, just not short shorts. I think its knee length and longer that are allowed. There is a pic on the BI site of what is allowed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Yes Dave but it was funny when the regulation said you needed long pants. I realize that many people got away with wearing shorts even then but there were a few that knew the regulation back then but chose to wear shorts anyway. As always there was a free market solution of someone renting a very large pair of slacks that you could put on over your shorts for 200 php or you could go home and get some long pants or you could try to buy some someplace nearby. The situation was only hilarious because people were mad because the rule had not been enforced at previous times they had extended their visa. The people complaining knew the regulation and chose not to comply with it. Then they complained that the guy renting the trousers by the hour charged 200 php! I would think to myself, just get on your motorcycle and ride 50km and get your long pants then and then ride 50km back, if the office is still open.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    There is a poster on the internet that pretty well explains the new regulations, even if you can not read you can look at the pictures. Shorts are allowed, just the short shorts. Reasonable to me. (Unfortunately my link to the poster was rejected on the this site, but you can look it up on the internet or other blogs.)

8. Wildcat

Wildcat DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +90 / 4
    I was forced to pay for a new I=card in July 2015 and still haven't seen it. I asked about it a few times and nothing. I complained to the Manila office, they asked for my full name, passport number, and other info, I sent it to them and that is the last time that I heard from them. i gave it up. When they tell me again in this July that i need a new one I am going to ask them to make it on the spot. Someone is pocketing our money. It happened to me the same way 4 years ago.

9. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I never got mine this year, as far as I can gather they don't give them out any more. You have to keep the certificate. Or am I thinking of something else!