Dumaguete Info Search

ACR iCard Acr i-card

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by anthony1, Mar 27, 2010.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

I do not know. I do not, and would not, use an agent, mosty especially one who has exhibited total ignorance in the past.

Larry

2. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Good afternoon -- I am going to Immigration on the 5th to file my extension and to get this card. I will put up a post detailing my experience and the fees that were charged.

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Cool, as I need to go for an extension too by the middle of April!

4. insipidkisser10

insipidkisser10 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hmm. Looks like you have been assisted by an "Agent", I hope he was Accredited Liaison Officer and not with some corrupt Immigration Officers who steal and keep on stealing the jobs of Accredited Liaison Officer who works for a private entity.

5. WWu777

WWu777 One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,
    I have a question about the new ACR-I card requirement for us that will cost us $50.

But I'm confused about a few things.

Are you required to get it after you've been in the PH for a total of 59 days? What if I've been here longer than that and don't have it yet? Will I have to get it on my next extension?

The thing is, that policy was enacted back in December 2009, yet when I extended my visa back in February, I was not required to get it, at least not in the Angeles immigration office.

Also, if I were to get the ACR-I card and then leave the country the next month, would I have to get a new one coming back? One website said it would expire if you left the country, while another said you only had to get it once. So I'm confused.

Does that mean you only have to get it once a year or once a lifetime, or what? And if you exit the country, can you carry it with you to use on the way back? Is it valid for a fixed time period regardless of whether you leave and return?

That issue is not clear from the links above. Anyone know?

To avoid it, I think I should just leave the country before my next extension and then when I return try to stay under 59 days.

What do you think?

Thanks.

6. insipidkisser10

insipidkisser10 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    visa extension 59 days stay-requires i-card valid one year
    look whose ignorant Larry, you don't even know the 13(a) Quota Visa. Your an agent of S.R.R.V., I think and from that you will get 20k commission each for every successful applicant for S.R.R.V. ayt? heheh.

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    sorry that here is no place for your crap ... bye

8. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I just renewed my visa today and this is what I know/experienced. I've been in the Philippines longer than 59 days so I was "required" to apply and pay for the new card here in Dumaguete. 3745P in fees (plus the visa extension fees) and going next door for the usual copies + getting 3 passport type pictures (80P at Lee Plaza, 1st floor). They were busy and it still took only about 1 hour including going and getting my picture taken and developed.

After all was said and done I was told to come back in 2 weeks to get my card. Others there were there going through the same process.

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Contrary to unpopular belief on this subject, I am no expert on this. However, I think time will show that the ACR card will expire upon leaving the country, so one would have to get a new one every time he/she stayed more than 59 days.

Larry.

10. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    The immigration site seems to back this up...

I imagine leaving the country on a regular tourist visa would fit one of the bolded items.