Dumaguete Info Search

ACR iCard Acr i-card

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by anthony1, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :wink: Bin there, Done that and like you, out of Pocket, I have been here some years and still finding out. Trust what Larry says!:o

2. White Dragon

White Dragon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well i thought it would work, and i needed conformation, so thanks everyone your all great. this is by far the best sight around :-) .

3. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    AND.....somewhere here Rhoody posted the Immigration Fees for renewing your visa monthly (or as I do bi-monthly). Please read and make a copy to keep. Not knowing the fees allows you to be "over-charged" at times.
    A LOT of good info is posted here.
    (don't forget that it's Rhoody's turn to buy beer).

4. White Dragon

White Dragon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hmmm i thought if i had the Acr i-card i don't have to pay monthly ??

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    for tourist-status nothing changed,tourist visa (up to 21 days), visa - waiver (21-59 days), bi-monthly visa extension plus (up to 24 month) plus the additional ACR-I card if staying longer than 59 days.

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

It is the responsibility of the airline to make sure you have onward ticket. if you are not admitted, they must remove you at their cost. Most people that have never been asked have onward or return tickets on the same airline, hence, the airline can see your onward ticket on their screen when you check in, so they have no need to ask you.

Once in a great while immigration will ask when passing through. I think I have been asked twice in 20 or so trips.

Larry

7. ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    See, that's why it's Rhoody's turn to buy. He is the resident "smart guy" here. He is the glue that holds us all together.
    Thank you Rhoody.

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    well, DI is like a good meal, one need a lot of ingredients to have it done in a nice way. I just stir the pot frequently to keep the stock moving :smile:.

DI some great members here who are just experts in certain fields as they are here in Duma and the PI since may years. Like shadow, firefly, Bikerdave, Jellyfish,ejboerma and many many more just to name a few. Some people who are willing to share their story with heart and soul (like yourself or Reedee just to mention two of them), even the sarcastic "one-line" Kings like Knowdafish and Jimeve jump in with helpful Info if needed.

Pretty frequent we get in the "been there, done,that and know everything"-members, but they usually get pretty fast sorted out by the DI-Family and leave again. and honestly, I also could not care less if we averaging 2650 visitors a day or 2649 or if I hear following line when going somewhere downtown: "So finally I meet that idiot people talking about in ______ (fill in the blanks) ... hehehe

Last but not least and very important to the DI-Team, some wonderful Dumaguetenios who share with us their points of view where we all can learn from to understand better.

We (the DI-Team) basically just bought a domain and a server, installed some software
    and are responsible for the hundreds of content pages (where many Forum-members are not aware of :wink: )

So all the honor goes to the wonderful community mentioned above :smile:

cheers

Rhoody

anyway... back to the topic !!!

9. ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Oh, and I forgot that Rhoody is also very modest also (but it's still his turn to buy).

Seriously, I try and try to read the laws and/or navigate the Philippine websites, and then when frustration sets in, I just ask the family here for answers. It works for me.

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

I've been reading the laws here for years, and still I learn something new nearly every day. But my philosophy has always been, any day I don't learn something was a day wasted. Spent some days wasted and still learned something new too!

Larry