Dumaguete Info Search

ACR iCard Acr i-card

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by rodsroom, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I assume that your problem of understanding is more connected with the information YOU gave. To get correct information you might give appropriate ones.

For my understanding you are a tourist, therefore MalmoMan's information are very good but absolutely nothing for you.

2. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Rod,

In addition to what I shared with you in an earlier post, let me explain the following. When you arrive in Phil you can get an extension from 21 to 59 days at the BOI's office at the airport. If you stay longer than 59 days you need an extention. No problem, just go to BOI office and apply and pay for a 59 day extention and pay the fee's. Very simple. You can get these extensions for up to 24 months as long as you are a good boy in Phil. In other words no bad info about you in BOI records. Than you must leave Philippines. Take a trip to Singapore or Hongkong and re-enter Philippines after a couple of days. The same process will now start over and you have to pay BOI every 2 months and after 24 months leave the country again. I hope this is understood!
    I recommend you to study BOI's website and read about different kinds of Visa...maybe there is a Visa that suits you better, like investors visa, quota visas, etc, etc. GOOD LUCK ROD!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    another good info, valid for tourist status (and the extended of my first answer in this thread).
    However, I would not go to the airport BOI, you can get the waiver (official name for the 30 - 59 day extension) pretty painless in 20 minutes at each BOI nationwide (well, maybe not Manila).

To repeat myself, staying longer than 59 days requires you to apply for a ACR-I card. This can be done in Dumaguete, takes about 2 weeks. This ACR-I card for tourists is only valid 1 year and you still need to apply/pay for your 2 month extension each other month.

4. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cost for a ACR-I card is appr. 50 US Dollars. Needed for all tourist visa visitors after 59 days in Philippines.

5. linushuber

linushuber DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    that's good info here. maybe i am slow in understanding, but how is it specifically for my situation (entering with 13A visa with wife and baby). Do I have to do something immediately or can I wait until the visa is due for renewal?

6. akis51

akis51 DI Junior Member

Pensioner
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    ACR-i renewal

Dear Rhoody,

My ACR-i issued, for first time, in Manila and expires on Feb. 4th. I called the Dumaguete Liaison Office of BOI today and they said that for the renewal I have to go to Cebu. Fine..

I sent an email to BOI Manila to ask if Cebu branch has an email so to find out their requirements, cost, time, etc.

Questions :
    1. Have you any advise what to do with Cebu ?

2. Is it true that with this renewal, the validity will go up to 10 years but not
    every year ?

Thank you

Akis

7. joec

joec DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    About "20 minutes": I would say "in short order". But I would not use either phrase about either Cebu or Manila.