Dumaguete Info Search

Add Profile Photo

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Qwertz, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwertz

Qwertz DI Junior Member

Retired lighthouse keeper
    Ratings:
    +41 / 3
    Just a quick question for you techies...how do I add my photo to use as avatar? I've been trying to figure out how to add a photo to put beside my user name, but just can't figure it out?? I've tried clicking and dragging as well. When I go into profile I see Avatar window and it tells me "no avatar selected". I did find a reference in a search, but when I went to the post it was about real estate - no help. Search is not very helpful.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I sent you a PM on this but I'll post that information here in case anyone else has the same question. I made one slight change to the info at the bottom.

To add a picture to your profile:
    1. Scroll to the top of the page and look for your profile name at the very top of the page (normally where the login/register button is.
    2. Click on your name and select "My Profile"
    3. Once in your profile move your mouse over your avatar. You should see "Edit Avatar" Click that.
    4. Once you are there upload an avatar that is 80x80 in size or less (I might have bumped that limit up to 100x100 but I'm not sure).

If it is more than 80x80 (or 100x100) it SHOULD automatically re-size any picture you put in there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Qwertz

Qwertz DI Junior Member

Retired lighthouse keeper
    Ratings:
    +41 / 3
    I am on the page User Profile with the greyed-out photo. I ran my mouse all over it like I have done before many times. I have right clicked, left clicked and still nothing pops up. I have added avatars before to other websites but this one is stumping me.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hmm. When I go to my user profile and move the mouse over my profile picture it shows "Edit Avatar" in blue text at the bottom left of the blank profile picture. I left click on that then a pop up come up asking me to load a picture.

5. BlancoDiablo

BlancoDiablo DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I am having the same issue with posting an avatar. I don't get the "Edit Avatar" when I hover.

6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Problem should be resolved. Try again.

7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just so everyone knows. I raised the size limit for the avatar picture. If you re-upload your picture it will be 100x100 now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.