Dumaguete Info Search

Address for US Social Security

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Dave & Imp, Mar 10, 2014.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    You can try emailing Ivie Gomez, Manila SSA, at: Ivee.Gomez@ssa.gov. I found her to be very responsive. They normally respond in-between appointments. You can also try calling.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Email has worked for me very well. I have spoken by phone. It takes a few days to get a response back on email... they tell you how long that have to respond... when they hit that number I email them again. I think they do a good job, but I am comparing them to the Philippines Government Agencies so I am very happy for any response. :happy:

They do have outreach programs that come to Cebu on a occasional basis. Then you can meet with someone in person to get things going.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  3. MikeB

MikeB DI Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 8
  4. OP
    OP
    Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Mike, working directly with SS in the Manila US Embassy, I have scanned the form and sent them to them and they accepted it. That may be better than snail mail. I have only sent my last four SS numbers for personal security reasons. My previous posts on this thread has all the contact information. I would suggest you initiate direct contact with someone in Manila so you have a name and some type of relationship, if you plan to stay here for a long period of time. That contact can be just by email.

@mike

5. JB5

JB5 One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When your SS payments were suspended were you paid in arrears for the months you went without funds or just SOL?
    Thank you