Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Addressing NORECO/Electrical Issues

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Rye83, May 12, 2017.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    It may be a quick fix for now but it is Working, Well done that man :thumbsup:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Twitter is also better than FB as you don't need an account (nor follow/like their page) to view the content they put out. (So you don't have to "do" Twitter to see the content. If someone doesn't want to follow those links they are just being stubborn. lol :wink:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Whoever pays the bill with their own money deserved to be answered simple questions whether it be renters or owners it really doesnt matter. You are wrong on this issue!

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    When will the bacong are be getting another bigger transformer like you told me several years ago to stop the low power issues?
    Why when we get unscheduled brownouts the phones are always off the hook at the main office and if you do get through the staff no nothing?
    Also maybe you could explain all the add ons no one seems to understand like system loss charges?
    It would also be nice if noreco could inform its customers what the problems were like they used to for the long unscheduled brownouts! I would think that would be a courtesy everyone would appreciate.
    Why are there never enough teams to fix the brownouts which happen at night? We pay enough.
    Hopevully we can atleast get a few of these answered?

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    System loss refers to unbilled power caused by pilferage and physical loss of energy when electricity passes through distribution lines, which can be passed on to consumers as stated under Republic Act 7832, or Anti-Electricity and Electric Transmission Lines/Materials Pilferage Act of 1994.

Currently the system loss cap is at 13 percent for electric cooperatives, which can be passed on to consumers through a line item in their monthly electricity bills.

NORECO is mandated by law to collect system loss charges:

RA 7832
    I don't think that "system loss" means that they are charging for "brownouts". I think they are allowed/forced to charge a certain percentage for electricity that will inevitably be lost during normal transmission of electricity through existing infrastructure.

These charges are likely built in to any electrical distributor's fees throughout the world (they might not be as upfront with how they pass those charges on). They purchase the power from the company producing the power and some of that power will always be lost. Until we find a cheap superconductor this system loss will always be there and always be paid for by someone (almost certainly the customer.

Maybe I'm wrong here but the way I'm reading the law it doesn't sound like that system loss fees=brownout fees.

I'm curious if they have a way of knowing when the power goes out in an isolated area. If nobody calls how do they know the power is out? Where are the repair teams based out of? (They must have more than one location they sit around and wait for things to break.)

6. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    We shall have to agree to disagree because: When you "pay the (rent) bill" to the landlord, and the bank owns the building, then she pays the mortgage with your money; It does not make you a customer of the bank. It would not make you a customer of the bank even if you deposited your rent directly to his/her bank account. Neither does paying an electric bill in someone else's name make you a customer of the electric company, IMO.

That is, of course, only my opinion but if your name is not upon the receipt when you pay the bill then I strongly suspect it would be the legal opinion also. I am open to being "proven" wrong, (not just called wrong by someone with a strong opposing viewpoint).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Michael. B

Michael. B DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +194 / 12
    • Please read the first post in the thread. Edited out inappropriate content for this topic.
    Do any ************** ever actually go to the Noreco office and enquire about any problems they encounter, as I know from personnel experience they are hard working and do try to fix any problems. (brown out are an issue which will remain for many years as this is a poor third world country which does not have the money to improve the issue}

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017
  8. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    I'm curious if they use smart meters. Back in the day, in the USA, you could take your meters and plug them in backwards and they would run in reverse so you could hide your true usage. What creative methods are people in the Philippines using to steal power?

9. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They don't use smart meters, at least in Valencia, but I've heard they use them in Cebu. Might want to read that Republic Act I posted earlier to see the punishments for tampering with meters. Really not worth it. Pretty sure nobody got away with that for long back in the day in the US.

10. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I had an apartment complex in South Carolina. The 'in' thing was stealing someone else's meter and install it on your place until a day or two before your meter was due to be read. Had 3-4 tenants doing it, got caught because they couldn't figure out how to have an intact seal.