Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Addressing NORECO/Electrical Issues

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Rye83, May 12, 2017.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Seems like occidental have got their act together and got a website. Negros Occidental Electric Cooperative (NOCECO) | Home

2. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    in panamá, it was very common for folks to hang a couple of wires over the power lines. they bent the ends of their wires into a hook and used a bambú pole to place them on the power line. it was enough juice to power a light bulb and run a small tv.

3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Okay should have known better, following these Notices in the past I was feeling satisfied that they were doing/advising the right thing, but you can add Zamboanguita to that list also judging by the three brownouts experienced over the past 40 minutes... :rolleyes:

4. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Hello no, why would you do that? I wouldn't call any Philippines based number if I had issues. That would be like connecting a suicide hotline to a party line in a clown house. Bad ***t is going to happen.

Better to just pack your bags and start over again.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Thanks for the report. That's what I would suspect the outcome of any two meetings here would be. Nothing so far.

I can't even be bothered to answer my phone, let alone go to a meeting of any sort here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    @TheDude I got one it is called a Wife that just happens to work at Noreco II and has done for 20+ years
    So you see it is kind of catch 22 to me

7. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    My ready response for this sort of situation...

"Bye, sweety, have fun at the meeting."

Incidentally, I suspect that "nothing so far" describes the employment situation for many working there. I guess it gets you out of the house though.

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    I suggest you read the opening Post Dude cos you are to me, on that personal remark trips we have tried to get over. :wink:
    BTW the Meetings I went to were on Behalf of DI to try and get a better way of getting these notifications
    But as yet FB is the way although Dustin has worked hard and well to set up things as a Quick fix for now

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Christ, that's 4 pages back. Maybe you can post a summary for folks tuning into page 4. Do I need to know this for the meeting?

Actually, I bet "nothing so far" pretty well covers it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No, it basically said "don't be a dick".

• Like Like x 1