Dumaguete Info Search

Feedback Advertising/Spam posts?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Rye83, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think they are trying to hit the younger backpacker tourism industry.....which mainly comes from Europe. I'll be calling the POC to find out more.

2. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    I certainly don't own this board, but if I did, I think I would consider this thread as spam from a non-paying site sponsor.

Just my opinion ....

3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think the intentions is to help the environment and locals out. I will be reaching out to the owner to see what it is really about. There is also free advertising allowed on the forum....though it should go in the Showcase section. Kinda busy right now but I will sort it out soon.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    You don't see that very much anymore.

Most forum owners, admins or moderators will delete a post in a heartbeat if there is any sort of advertisement from anyone that is not a registered (and paid-up) sponsor.

Well, that's not my business anyway ... I guess I shouldn't have even brought it up.

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I wouldn't call it so much "free advertising" as I would a free business listing in the Showcase/review section. People are not free to post adverts/promotions on the forum (this thread will be moved to the appropriate section once I get back on a computer). The reason for this is that this website/forum is about gaining information on Dumaguete and the surrounding area. Businesses in the city make up part of that information and the more that are listed here (more content) the more people will turn to the site to learn about the city.

Also, most forum owners are looking to turn some profit on their websites. That is not the case here. As long as DI pays for itself, and it mostly does with the Google ads, I am content.

No worries about bringing it up. I prefer that people voice their concerns on how the site is ran or how to make improvements.

I will move these posts to the appropriate sub-forum though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What is that about? Are you wanting a showcase made for Liquid Dive Resort?

8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Not at all. The post was referring to backpackers so I was merely saying there is a place here catering to backpackers. The owners are not Americans.

• Like Like x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I agree but the post in question was offering something different than a diving resort. It seems that they are looking to offer a more "local experience" to backpackers or ecotourists. I recall there was a word in Tagalog for staying at a locals house when traveling (and I recall there was the ability to pay off the nightly rate by doing chores/work for the owner of the house)...can't for the life of me remember what that word is and I've never actually participated in this practice, though it was once offered to stay at a house of a family that didn't know me on a small island (called Biri) off of Northern Samar.

Either way - if the post or user turns out to be spam it's only 3 clicks to make it all go away. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1