Dumaguete Info Search

Siquijor Agreement to boost tourism in Negros and Siquijor

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by Rye83, May 28, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you can understand "don't deal with people who don't work for the place you are doing business with" it should be fairly easy. I see signs everywhere that say "don't use fixers". Generally, if someone is being very pushy to help you out they are up to no good. Living here and vacationing here are two completely different things. Aside from bus terminals, seaports, airports and possibly immigration what possible business could a tourist have with dealing with the government offices (where most of the corruption is and where fixers gather).

Most pay for their rooms online and either take public transportation to the hotel/resort or they have the hotel/resort pick them up. Most venture out to the local pubs for some nightlife but I have never seen a fixer trying to help people get a beer. Taking public transportation can be a bit of a trick but information on how to avoid that is plentiful on the internet. So where do these tourists you speak of find this unavoidable corruption? It sounds as if they weren't actually tourists but potential expats. It's not for everyone and people without street smarts need not apply for the living in the Philippines. I had absolutely no problems when I was a tourist. Relocating and living in the Philippines was a completely different story.

2. The Freak

The Freak DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

Interviewing freak expats.
    Ratings:
    +28 / 26
    They happened to be my mother, and sister....but maybe everybody is not as wise as the people who give advice.

3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I thought it was friends. Either way, as I said, the Philippines is not for everyone. Tourists should not have any real problems with corruption....maybe an idealistic one, but nothing further than that as it can be avoided with proper precautions.
    If they were as wise as the people they were asking for advice would they be asking for advice in the first place? :o o:

• Funny Funny x 2