Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Airline fares!!!

1. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hmm, try Momondo, I'm still finding prices like 600 US$ to fly to Amsterdam from Manila and back by the end of May '22. One stop, in Istanbul, 18 hours or so, not bad at all (actually pretty d*mn cheap, last time I flew there I was lucky to find a ticket below 1000€).
    upload_2021-10-22_12-57-41.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  2. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +292 / 17
    Got in touch with a boat captain (the wife's friend). Here's the info he provided:
    There's no vessel direct dumaguete to cdo but there is a ferry from dumaguete to Dapitan. If you have your own car to drive to cdo, it's best to take that route.

Option 2:
    If you don't have a car and wouldn't take the first option, you can proceed to cebu for a 4 hour trip then either you ride a ferry cebu to cdo or thru plane cebu to cdo

Dapitan needs RT PCR and an approved spas. Just apply for a passing through permit using SPASS.

The guy works for starlight ferries so it seems he would know what he's talking about.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Well yes, Erdogan has steered his country into deep trouble, the latest trick being putting loads of un-ceremonial pressure on the central bank to continue the policy of plentiful money despite inflation rates flying higher and higher, to which pressure the central bank unfortunately caved.
    Turkish Airlines however is a beacon of success in an otherwise very gloomy economy (and I would assume Erdogan knows that). I really wouldn't expect him to meddle with their affairs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm seeing similar prices to AMS on AMEX Travel.
    Screenshot_20211022-132250.png

Pretty reasonably IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Michael. B

Michael. B DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +194 / 12
    seems only very expensive air fares across the world as the airlines try to make some money to cover the heavy losses from the last 18 months, searching into mid 2022 and only expensive tickets show up.

6. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Canceling a flight to encourage people to buy a more expensive seat on another flight or keeping their money for 7 months is a profit motive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    Thank you.

My sister-in-law from Taiwan has now found cheaper fares, but she says there are no flights direct from Taiwan to Cebu - only Manila. She then has to quarantine in Manila for 10 days before flying on to Ozamiz. Obviously she will not make the funeral (there is a 5 day time scale imposed between day of death and funeral and they have been willing to extend to 6 days - in some places it is limited to just 3 days) but is willing to do this to be with her mother - even though other family will be there. One thing Filipinos excel in is FAMILY - they will do anything to be with family in times of need or if they feel they want to be there.

I thought they stopped the ferry Duma to CdO a few years ago - I assume it is a good route, with the alternatives of going via Dapitan (ferry/bus) or Cebu City (ferry or air (plus 30 minute vehicle journey into CdO)). But market forces prove if a need is there.

The local LGU has been helpful but RT-PCT is required for non-vaccinated and antigen test for fully vaccinated.

8. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My condolences to your extended family.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    My condolences to your wife and family. I hope the logistics can be sorted out and everyone stays safe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Condolences to your wife and family on the sudden passing of her father. Travel at this time is particularily difficult and fares generally higher than pre-pandemic.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1