Dumaguete Info Search

Alcohol ban

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by charlyB, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I just looked up the EO and I found two places mentioning alcoholic beverages.

Both under D) 'suspension of all operations of land vehicles"

It starts with numbers 1 to 3 detailing what vehicles are allowed on the streets, then starts two sub listings on the next page with conditions "for residents" (of negor?) and "non residents" listing requirements apparently for business related vehicles being allowed to go anywhere (bring business permit, max 2 assistants, 1 driver etc)

these sublistings both have as their last clause "strict banning of alcohol beverages" (for residents) or "selling of alcoholic beverages are [sic] strictly prohibited" (for non-residents).

The next point is 5. continuing with allowing all afp, pnp etc vehicles.

Not only is the 4. heading missing (maybe lost in the process of posting the document as photos on fb), but what on earth do they actually mean with these badly worded and apparently out-of-context restrictions? does it actually mean that no commercial delivery trucks carrying alcoholic beverages are allowed to drive? why the different wording for residents / non residents?

Either way, to me it doesnt seem to declare a liquor ban for stores, but appears to be a ban on liquor delivery vehicles. For whatever reason. They could as well ban chocolate deliveries or whatever. Maybe the author is a recovered alcoholic who hates himself and the world and therefore sneaked this into the resolution there.

who knows. buy the stuff as long as it's on the shelves :wink:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    You are living in a country where English is not their normally spoken language and as such we observe the usual broken language expected under those circumstances. This also moves, naturally, into the written word such as published notices. Why people have to take what they read or hear here, literally, is beyond me. You know the intent. You know the reasons behind it but you still have to find something wrong with it. Picky picky picky. Go with the flow and do what is expected of you under normal circumstances and you wont go wrong. and you know exactly what this is. So please, stop finding fault with everything going on at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    thanks for your advice, but just doing what is expected from me would make my life just a bit too boring, especially right now :wink:

I dont know the intent of why they would put an assumed liquor ban under the restrictions about operating vehicles in _two_ different sub sections if it had nothing to do with vehicles. In _two_ differently worded sentences. If the author would struggle with the english language, for sure they wouldn't have gone through that effort without reason?

If the intent was to put out a liquor ban for the general public, it would have been much more straight forward to just make that a separate section, or even a separate EO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. fahr_side

fahr_side DI Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 23
    Cops here are threatening stores with 30k fines if they defy the ban.

5. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    11:40 GMT - That's the spirit! Japan hospitals find way to beat sanitiser shortage
    Strong alcoholic drinks can be used "when absolutely necessary" instead of hand sanitiser in Japanese hospitals, authorities said, as supplies run dry as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
    Spirits with an alcohol proof of between 70 and 83 percent can be substituted to sterilise hands under new rules set out in a health ministry document obtained by AFP news agency.
    Some vodkas are that strong, but traditional Japanese tipples such as sake and shochu do not make the grade - at a maximum alcohol proof of roughly 22 and 45 percent respectively.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...coronavirus-live-updates-200413235036857.html

6. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+

7. ThatNewGuy

ThatNewGuy DI Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 11
    Woops

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Me, I prefer to sanitize from the inside out. Please pass the wine.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    Bali's miracle: Turning wine into hand sanitizer

BALI, Indonesia – Pharmacists on the Indonesian holiday island of Bali are tackling a shortage of anti-coronavirus hand sanitizer by making their own unique, tropical version – from thousands of liters of fermented palm wine.

tubâ in the filippines

Rappler
    https://tinyurl.com/ydxyfha5

• Like Like x 1