Dumaguete Info Search

Alcohol

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by TheDude, Nov 24, 2016.

1. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Hey guys. Dude here. Sorry I haven't been around in a while. I have basically been drunk since the last time I posted.

I'm doing the lazy web thing and asking when the next AA meeting is and where. Even though I don't really believe in their methodology, I thin I need the social support.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  2. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    the website is here Where are there AA meetings in Dumaguete? • Dumaguete AA Meetings

tomorrow's meetings:

Fri, November 25, 10:30am – 11:30am
    Top Floor Meeting (Open – English)
    5th Floor. Bethel Guest House, Rizal Boulevard, Dumaguete

Fri, November 25, 11:30am – 12:30pm
    Dumaguete AA (Open Anniversary Celebrations)
    5th Floor. Bethel Guest House, Rizal Boulevard, Dumaguete

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Thanks. Now that half of Dumaguete knows I have a drinking problem I guess I just killed my chances of anyone buying me a beer.

I suppose they are going to expect that I will quit drinking, which really is a drinking problem.

I'll head over there on the 26th because I expect tomorrow will be a full day of drinking. Maybe after my hangover wears off.

I see one of the meeting spots is Blue Monkey. That's convenient since I know they have cold beer. Hi, my name is Dude, I have a drinking problem. My bill shows that I have 12 beers but
    I don't remember anything past 10.

Right. Good luck to me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Good luck Dude, I only met you once and wish you success, I'm sure it will be difficult for a while but the sun will shine brighter for you.

5. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I don't know you personally, but hope you attain what you are aiming for. As with any addiction you will have good days, bad days and some relapses, but never give up. We're all rooting for you

• Like Like x 1
  6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Good luck dude.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :wink: Hi Dude, I have heard many times from different sources that the the First step to Recovery is "Admission" Well done mate and I wish you all the very Best :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Addiction is a b*tch and can be a slippery slope, gotta find yourself some people to hang out with that don't partake in drinking activities. Obviously I'm not that guy, not exactly sure what to do with myself in the Philippines if alcohol isn't involved. Even if you don't agree with the AA approach to dealing with addiction (I can't do that faith/religious stuff either) this might be the best place for you to find a group of guys/gals that know of and regularly gather for activities that don't involve alcohol.

9. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Good luck, a friend of mine goes to almost all meetings every week and I think he leads the Valencia meeting now. He quit around May or so this year, went to a doctor and got some meds that helped a lot. If you want his contact info PM me. He is happy to help.

10. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Hey Dude, That was quite an admission you made about drinking. I have always enjoyed your post and consider you one of the guys that has some clear judgement and thinking here.. still do. I was involved in addiction counseling for over 13 years in the US on a voluntary basis. It was a faith based program, so although I believe in it, I would never push it on anyone. One of the secrets regarding any addition is that the real issue is CONTROL, not alchol or some other form of self-medication. People drink, have high risk sex, spend extra money, and do other crazy things because they are trying to gain control over their life. Start at that point of understanding and you can save yourself years of search for answers on your journey to get where you want to be. Admitting you have a drinking issue does not necessary mean you have to stop drinking. Just control your drinking and not let drinking control you (unles you have a chemical addition). If you ever need one to talk to someone I am willing to talk. I am not a hardliner, and do not think the taking a drink will mean you use your “Sobriety” as some do. Go ahead and attend AA, but do not stop thinking, or buy all their beliefs. You are a smart man who can make up his mine. Like all of us, you have some character defeats, but that does not mean you are weak. Life is a journey and everyday is a step on the path of that journey…. Somedays we are not on the path, sometimes we chose to be lost for a while. You history of facing reality seems to indicate you are honest with yourself and will be able to solve you issues. Do not allow guilt or embarrassment to alter you course to get where you want to go. Good Luck.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1