Dumaguete Info Search

Alcoholics Anonymous in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Marky, Mar 7, 2007.

1. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    I do not Drink, I do not smoke, and I am not religious. I am doing okay without all 3

2. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I drank way to much when i was younger
    now I end up with a purple face blotches and shortness of breath when I drink too much. I've heard asians get this as they don't have an enzyme to get rid of the alcohol. maybe after eatinga sain food for so long i have this problem as well. I still like some beer at night but no more than 4 or 5.
    Can't see any harm in a few beers but I agree that alcohol is basically a poison but only a low grade one in moderation its toxicity and damge rising exponentially with increasing consumption
    marijuana however has never killed anyone and never will
    so why one is legal and the other isn't is beyond me.
    whats the bible say about the wicked weed earl?

3. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Weed does not kill but most certainly can effect some people, permanently. Also those who smoke weed, also smoke tabacco, which is also a big health risk.

4. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    PhilT and Yabs , thank you first of all for being so kind to handle this topic in grace. Both drinking habbits and religion matters are delicate as we know. As so many alcoholist will tell you that they are not an alcoholist 3 glasses a day makes you according to the Physicians an addict already . trust me once more when I tell you frank an open that I have been using ALL forbidden substances ,you name it , I used it. But I was save by the Lord Almighty .

When people refer to the Bibble they claim that within the TEN COMMANTMENTS there is not one single word that tells to leave Alcohol alone. I can write on this topice several meters of response here for this forum , but i rather speak with people eye to eye as I will be settled in Duma .

Getting back to the ten Commantments. If you read the old testament you will find that there are more then 500 !! commantments given to Moses at DJEBEL MUSA in the Sinai dessert. I as Gov intermediary had the honor to work for the Egyptian Governement some 18 years ago only a few miles away from this place which nowadays hold the St Catharina monestery . nearby is also the HAMMAM MUSA , the rock which gave water to the people when God himself told Moses to use his walkingstick and "hit " it .. THE WATER IS STILL RUNNING and it is a small swimming pool in the midddle of the bloody hot dessert . Trust me , there is "something in the air " overthere and hardly any visitor / tourist speaks a word at all !!!
    Having this said...
    WITHIN the full Commantments given to the choosen people and therefore the LAW according to GOD himself for people to live . YES !!! it says clearly NOT to drink.. As we all know , or should know , the KORAN is based on that same Old Testament as also all Muslims believe that Jesus Christ was a prophet ( but not the son of God) and born from Virgin Mary. True Muslims and Jews and NOT the fanactis live to these rules day by day. Even now we come to know more about the DEAD SEA SCROLLS ,the missing parts of the old AND New Testament , many Jews and Muslims DO believe that Jesus Christ was INDEED the SON of GOD . A blow in the face of the old indoctrine.

Nowadays many ( Praise the Lord !!) youngsters run away from their
    "Twenty fist century " way of life ,and live again the way it is suposed to be. Pentacostal ,reborn and Revival fellowship , just a few names of religious groups that are growing bigger and bigger.
    While other prefer to have Sex before marriage , use of forbidden substance ,they believe and find JOY within their heart to live accoridng to what the bibble tells to us all.
    If somebody desire is to drink , well that is fine with me , put please do not tell me as well you believe in what the Bible tells you and that you live your life in full awareness of that its teatches you to do. I am pretty much sure that many men that hit and hurt their wives , or even rape , will tell you that they are Chistians and live according to the Bibble. In my eyes EVERYBODY Hinu , Boedist , MULSLIM or Chistian is equal. Soi says the Bibble : ALL MEN ARE EQUAL in THE EYES OF THE LORD. That is if you are baptisted and recieved the Holy Spirit as Jesus Christ told the apostles during the last supper . " I will leave you soon , but my Father in Heaven will send those who believe in me the Holy Spirit, as proof of my being amongst you and to enable you to communicate with Me and my Father directly ". The proof of having recieved the Holy Spirit is the Speaking in Tongues as we all know from the Bibble and yet many people do not feel that sensation within them selves.
    Thow shall be borne out of WATER and SPIRIT...

I have been writing much to much and far to deep , but this is a subject on which I like not to defend my personal opinion but that which is clearly putted within the Bibble it self.
    It is not my desire to hurt anybody of those that read of think differently I only have problems with those that place themselves above the Lord with their own indoctrine What I write is directly drained from the Bibble without a personal touch or addapting..It is given to the Lord Himself to make judgment over us all. Let us not forget !!
    My last note : If you have problems to fall asleep. just a few drops of CITRONELLA on your pillow and you will doze of in a couple of minutes and have a beautifull rest ,indeed. Same as Trypophane in red Wine , Citronella will make a smooth release of Serotonine possible and the result is a nice calm and yet refreshing nights rest.

5. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I felt you are personally attacking me in this post .Well, I am only expressing my opinion and with respect to my personal belief in God and with some objectivity supported with many current research findings regarding alcohol if taken in moderation has some benefits to health. Don’t vouch every Cardiologist you’ve meet have the same opinion.My brother in-law is a Cardiologist in London and do believe in the same line in relation to current research findings about red wine and health. All these can be found in medical science journals if you like to update or just surf over net and have a read for yourself . Alcohol can be poison if taken in excess or abuse ,it can destroy the body.But same like salt ,water, oxygen are all poisons because in high enough quantities they can harm people. Hyperdehydration can cause death, too much intake of salt can cause health problems, too much oxygen given to premature babies can cause blindness.So this is where my argument about alcohol come from.I am not an alcoholic ,but I do drink red wine in moderation during meal time base on objectivity ,as I would reiterate it here.

However,I fall short from my high expectations about you Earlmj soon as you drop the line of judging me subjectively from my opinion expressed.
    I am not using the name of God in a different shameless ways as you accuse me of.

I actually thought of you as a self confessed intellectual in this board that you can be responding objectively and moderately in your posts, being open minded ,but it sounds like you are too full of yourself, you are blinded by your own self-righteousness , making your own judgement against me and my personal belief ,bringing with you the name of God with it ,which is even more shameful .

I doubt about your character and projection of yourself …your self confession . Mind you,you seem to be implying in your other posts like you are an annointed person laying hands on the sick and needy. But then, few days ago after I posted my comment about sanctity in marriage in response to your thread in the ‘ question for filipinas ’ in which you stated about your wife holding your money,credit cards and what have you, and she said she is alright if you have few other girlfriends,and you also added how can yourself get other girl friends without money with you.Yes it can be funny. But seriously I don’t think it’s funny enough,so I posted my reply. Sooner in few minutes you emailed me ,questioning me if I have no humour ,goosh .I can understand other people would find it as funny,ok. But with you… not until today,knowing you seem to portray as a self confessed divine annointed person,would think about it is somekind of light humour ….adultery? No way! Having said you both pray to God and read the Bible ,is it an acceptable kind of humour?
    No one is perfect,but sometimes if one claims having like divine annointment praying for the sick,you have be careful with your words that it would not hit you back .

Anyway, only GOD knows what is in my heart and my mind Earlmj ,I don’t have to convince you or anybody ,if you only have to condemn myself from my opposing views.

And in this thread you sounded like a little boy scorned and seeking second opinions and approval from other people ,sad.

6. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Like I said before Pickled Newt . We cannot see eye to eye , nor that you know the Bible to it full contents , resulting in your propaganda.
    Sure you claim that you have misjudged me , simply as result that I am not willing to look to it all from your point of view and support you. When it comes to judgement over me using the name of God Almighty , I do believe I have ample of support from others that react the same way or did you not read those responses ?
    Getting back to the relationship I have with my wife , those that will become our friends in Dumaguete will see for themselves what kind of heavenly relationship we have. But it seems that some kind of joke is not apriciated with you and that all , while in other posts I DEFENT all fillipina women against false tourist opinion that claim that Filipino women are BAD NEWS. O well , that's life.
    Remains the simple fact that you claim once you wrote your post to my joke , you were not awake fully , as in the private email I got from you responding to my explination of the contents of the joke.
    When I WRITE we both read the Bible in bed , I am not joking ,you should be a shame of yourself daring to write such things..

In other words your comment to me is cheap , common and misplaced. Even the "fact ?" , that you claim your brother in law is a Cardiologist does not PROOF or say a single thing. Everybody can claim so.
    If you wish to reviece in soft copy of my entire resume for what projects I have been called to work for my Netherlands governement in foreign countries for my expertise , I am willing to send you so. One of the Projects is supported by Prof. Lettica B Guttierrez , indeed Picklet Newt , the Director of your own Department of Health in the Phils as president of the Bureau of Food and Drugs., the outstanding BFAD !!. I rather listen to judgment of both my Governement and people like her. Just give me your private email address and i will send you loads of proof of what I state here. I am sure you once again will give your comments to what I have written here. I will refrain from giving answers.
    But likely we will meet again within an other topic , that perhaps will share both our mutual points of view and respect.
    Once More as closing remarks for Pickled Newt . It is NOT that I am against the fact that you drink ,but that you tell me : " unless God tells me not to do.... " Well he does within that very same Bible ! If that is not good enough , then what is ?
    I regard to you as a very bright person ,indeed . No matter how you think of me.......

NOTE : For those of you that take interest , the Bible is specific about the use of WINE ( as is grapejuice AFTER fermentation) in:
    Leviticus, Proverbs , Habakuk , Isaiah , Paul ( letters to Tess.) and Peter.

7. Goth

Goth DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    AA dgte

Hi Marky!

Thanks a million, really appreciate it.

8. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks as well Marky , It is wonderful to see by ANY MEENS that people CAN BE CURED . Either your way or The one I promote !
    It is the result that counts for all of those that seek for help and comfort at the same time. An ear to lent to listen is a pretty good start.

9. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    so no meetings at why not or coco amigos?

10. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Just a question, if god was against drinking, why did Jesus turn the water into Wine?