Dumaguete Info Search

Alcoholics Anonymous in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Marky, Mar 7, 2007.

1. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    That's really a very tricky question PhilT.....

2. wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL. I was thinking the same thing.

Water is healthier....so why not turn wine into water. I know I would if living in the desert. :D

3. vagabond

vagabond DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what a crucial question ''aswang'' he he he well,heres some point.The word translated "wine" in English ( in Koine‚ Greek) can refer to either alcoholic or non-alcoholic wine. At present, the term "wine" is almost used exclusively of alcoholic wine(fighter,lambanog,tuba,kinutil,san meg light etc.), but let us never be guilty of interpretation based solely upon modern day definitions. Consider these examples of the word "wine" being used in Scripture with reference to unfermented grape juice.We can't read in the bible that after they drink the wine(made by Jesus Christ.)they got drunk:D

4. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    No

I already know the answer chrisssar.

5. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Unfermented wine....thats a first. non alcoholic wine....another first.

Excuse me for one moment, I am just going to have a shot of non addictive cocaine.

6. Tank

Tank DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I only drink wine when i go to a nice restaurant together with my wife.
    But no more then 2 bottles and the best is: never get drunk from that, just love it.

7. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    To earlmj

I thought you were drawing this argument to a close as you stated in your last post the other night.The reason why I didn't bother to add a comment ,I thought FINE. Then just as I looked in now,I found out you edited and made a lot of changes in that particular post and wanted to discuss this further on.

I don’t know what you wanted to prove to me ,your religion and beliefs and your high knowledge of things,and to prove that I am wrong in my stance .Religion and science does not mix together .Infact, they come with contradicting points most of the time.Yourself being a scientist as you said ,must have known this facts . This argument can go on and on to infinity without drawing to a unified conclusion and agreement. I find this tiring.

The Christian faith has more mystery to unleash ,no one can come up to the exact explaination that brings answers to everything, neither you Earlmj.Christianity is only achieved by faith and practice, faith and belief of things we haven’t seen or with no logical explaination through christ. But I tried to manage living a Christian life with faith and objectivity together.My faith is personal to me . Don’t question and judge what I believe in because in no way you can ever change me and my beliefs.You can laugh at me earl and declare how wrong I am , anyhow you have already done it so .Isn’t it hidden and subtle hypocricy and again your feeling of self righteousness,to point a finger on me.

What you see Earlmj is only black and white. You are right, I am wrong .I felt you haven’t followed the right demeanor in your evangelistic cause to draw people in your faith. Instead of stray people drawing in your flock, they run away.Making negative criticisms so much direct to the face to people , doesn’t bear positive results. I think what you need to do Earlmj isn’t to condemn me of what I believe in and to prove in the most deepest of your knowledge and arguments I am wrong . If you felt , I am misguided,why not truly pray for me for divine intervention.That’s all you can do. Only God himself can change and guide a person ,NOT YOU Earlmj with your subtle arrogance.

By the way, why put in quotation marks those words that you are only indirectly qouting from me...rephrasing them yourself from your own interpretation.I haven't stated each of those by my own words. You should know the technical rules of indirect quotations.
    This is the one I don’t like,because I never said this in words :
    “unless God tells me not to do….”

My brother inlaw is a cardiologist and it’s true.I don’t need to prove to you about it,you believe it or not, it doesn’t matter . What I was saying was he confirmed about red wine has beneficial effects on health,he drinks it too,as we all do and as stated in my previous post. Based on many recent scientific and medical research come countless publications you can refer to on the net for easy reading,it’s not necessary to buy books or journals in this particular topic .

Many medical practicioners can only look at it either agree or disagree,depending which camp they are siding with.But never say ALL cardiologist are in solidarity against the entire context of alcohol drinking ,including redwine .I think you say that by intention only to support and win this argument,I have no doubt.You can give me link or references that supports your statement where I can read about it online ,if you have it.
    Ofcourse drinking alcohol or red wine is not for everybody ,especially on people who have contraindications, or people who are ill (have liver damage for instance )or on a sustained continuous medication intake.

What’s this all about ? Suggestion to send me your CV etc . I am not questioning about your career achievements and what you do. Neither am I ready to waste my precious time investigating your CV and all the lot you mentioned as proof of your career . I don’t like very complicated stuffs here in this forum . I am living a very busy life to entertain some nonsense that doesn’t lead to any gratifying tangible results in my behalf. Think it that way earl. It’s non of my business what you do for a living or practice in life .I believed it is personal and very private to you and it is not of my interest to dig informations in your life. Again , PLEASE don’t pass your personal judgement on me based on your religion and to make yourself look good , the righteous one and exhaulting yourself above ,the 'divine earlmj' base on all your very high intelligence and accumulated knowledge ,even bringing in the Bible and name of God to judge on my beliefs earlmj .Remember , pride comes before the fall.

Sorry earl,I must have said too much.It's not in my nature to find it pleasing to argue to the point of creating bad feelings with another person . I am getting tired to sustain this arguement.No one wins but only creating more rift ,grudges,differences....

8. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    My husband drinks red wine with his dinner but he is NOT alcoholic. It is just part of his eating habit. And pickled newt is right, that drinking red wine in moderation is good for your health especially for your heart. Mind you my husband was an Altar Boy during his younger years. I do drink socially and i think there's nothing wrong with that.:rolleyes:

9. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I will drink to that :D

10. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Cheers Pickled Newt. Well said. :D There's one comment that caught my eye:

"The Christian faith has more mystery to unleash ,no one can come up to the exact explaination that brings answers to everything, " .... Very well put! To me, that's the beauty of Faith.:D

My next glass of red wine is tipped for you:smile: