Dumaguete Info Search

All Day Breakfast at Sideways Sports Bar

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Daryl, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Daryl

Daryl DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Popped into Sideways Sports Bar today and had the English Breafast. It was pretty good. Consisted of a large sausage (where I come from it was a kabana) that was tasty, bacon (much to overcooked and crispy for my aussie tastes, next time I will ask them to half cook it), poached eggs (cooked perfectly), baked beans, toast, butter and jam. Breakfast comes with coffee or orange juice. Coffee was pretty terrible, next time I will go with OJ.

Place itself was great, staff were efficient (very pleasant surprise) and the owner was there and was friendly and we chatted. Seems to be a fairly popular expat place showing a lot of sports. I am told it has a tuesday quiz night which is popular and live band fridays as well as some expat singers a few other nights.

For those that like a sports bar, this place would be perfect with lots of tvs.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Thanks for the info. Breakfast is my faved meal. Sometimes I just eat peanut butter and bread, or make an omelette with onions and spam or bacon mixed in (add salt to taste) some cheese. Other times go full blown with 3 eggs, plenty of bacon, buttered down toast with peanut butter or jam. coffee. Not big on pancakes or waffles. like your post as I love a good bacon where one feels you may bust a tooth on Dat. Crispy bacon with a good cheese is for me one of life's greatest pleasures.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ozzyguy

Ozzyguy DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +364 / 182
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Have been to Sideways a fair few times and would agree, think I even had the same as you.
    Coffee is crap in most places so no different.

The main meals are ok as well.

• Like Like x 1