Dumaguete Info Search

Allergic to Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rye83, Aug 3, 2017.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Why is the USA still in Afghanistan?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 2
  2. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Because if they leave now, then six months from today the Taliban will be back abusing women and children in all of Afghanistan and part of Pakistan.
    It is a sad reality that apparently much of the world (read: everyone aside from NATO) is unwilling to confront abusive and extremist movements like the Taliban who could care less if a child goes to school, or is sent into a minefield, or goes to bed hungry every day, who don't give a s**t about a guy raping a woman, and instead blames and punishes the female.

3. msls6

msls6 DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +60 / 36
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It has been three years since I was last there, but Drugstore.com delivered to APO addresses in Afghanistan.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. msls6

msls6 DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +60 / 36
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I know this will not help in Afghanistan ...
    A friend in the USA had allergy symptoms for years (and allergy shots twice a month), but just recently had a test or procedure that revealed polyps in his nose. He is scheduled to have them removed late next month. I will let you know the results.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    True, things will go back to where equilibrium takes them. All an outside force does is change the equilibrium. Once they leave things tend to go back to where they were and sometimes even get worse. Change has to come from within the society, not from the imposition of outside forces. That's typically why the imposition of western ideas fail. It all starts with education and how a person is raised. Controlling a society for 18-20 years might result in a positive outcome. There will be exceptions as there always are, but the exception does not invalidate the rule.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I've been taking antihistamines and oral herbal meds for hay fever since I was 33. Surgical masks also help and a regular visit to EENT (where I get the meds) because I can't do nasal wash by myself. I also wear polyester and nylon during the season and take everything off at the entrance when I get home, place them in a garbage plastic bag drop them in the washer while I get a shower. I also twirl damp towel around because we only have one air purifier. It's a lot better now that I'm learning to handle a stressful environment well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :coffee2:

• Agree Agree x 1