Dumaguete Info Search

Emergency American arrested today for selling illegal drugs

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Glendazumba, Jun 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motormouth

motormouth DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Most are not. Why would you post if you don't know the facts

2. motormouth

Ratings:
    +14 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Finally, someone who understands how things work here. You are right on

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  3. motormouth

Ratings:
    +14 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Who is this knowledge source, please please tell me. I won my first case, asost drug cases are in fact not bailable

4. motormouth

Ratings:
    +14 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Haha, they don't allow cell phones. But my first case alot of guys had them. My second case we had a new warden and he cracked down hard. Yet a few of us still had phones. As I am not involved in the drug trade, I was left alone for the most part

5. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I am confused, were you arrested for just living like the rest of us or were you involved in using drugs which put you at risk of being targeted by the police ?

• Like Like x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  6. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    Show Pony said:
    Drug offenses are bailable. There are only a few things like serious corruption charges that have no bail. If the charges are weak ( or you are " important") the judge will still grant bail.

If you read the local news there are many stories where people get busted for drugs while they are out on bail for other drug charges.

I don't recall the exact circumstances of your arrest so I will ask you. Was a minor female involved. If a minor was involved that would make your case a lot more complicated than just possession.

Whatever the facts are you might want to consider moving out of this town. It seems the PNP don't like you.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    WRONG !
    Drug offenses are not bailable because they carry a life sentence.

non-bailable offense such as Drug cases, Murder, Rape, and other heinous crimes.

True.

The accused can also file a Petition for Bail on the ground that the evidence against him is not strong, even if the person/accused is facing a non-bailable offense such as Drug cases, Murder, Rape, and other heinous crimes.

https://gtalawphil.com/new/how-to-post-bail/

True

The system here is something people should be concerned about and avoid crossing the police.

Simply being accused of a drug related crime can put you in prison for years while you await trial.

Here is an American who was held for five years because he was accused of rape.
    The court also questioned the credibility of the accuser, citing discrepancies in her statements.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-visa-could-land-this-american-in-jail-again/

Some have gone on for 10 years.
    https://www.rappler.com/thought-lea...rial-detention-philippines-little-dark-secret

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.